When did your baby first smile?

tasha41

Mum & Dad + 1
Reaction score
His/her first "real" smile, not the gasey or sleepy type of smiles? My nurse practitioner asked me at her 1 month appointment if she had yet, but nope. And she has yet to! Do I just have a super unhappy child LOL or when did yours first smile at you "intentionally"?

A friend of mines son did it for the first time around 6 weeks I believe. I think it's just one of those things where every baby is different!

both of mine have been around 6 weeks, you have to really worth hard for it though! around a month after that its a lot more random lol xxx

kai did at 4 weeks old not gas u could tell real open mouth with eye contact but at first u would only get like one a day but now hes smiling all the time

It was around 5 weeks or so, just happened for a short second when she was looking at me but now at 7 weeks when she wakes up and I go to pick her up she has a huge gummy smile! I loooove it!

Lexie did her proper smile at 5 weeks.

You can tell the difference between a gassy smile, and a smile.

She should be smiling soon. :D

Claire did an actual smile around 3 weeks, but it wasn't voluntary. She started actually smiling alot around 5 or 6 weeks.

Hayden did the day he turned 1mo, I don'tremember exactly for the other 2 but I know it was right around 1mo-6wks

Alexa was actually 1 week with her proper smile-lots of people didn't believe me she was only 1 week, cause Michael and I would be out in the mall walking, and she would wake up, cashier would fuss(you know how they do over a baby) and Alexa would give her big smile! I wasn't able to catch it on camera until 3-4 weeks though-or something like that-I will have to check facebook photo upload dates to be certain....

I think Aiden smiled around 6 weeks old. I don't really remember. :blush: All I remember was that it was Mother's Day (which is in May in the States). Best mother's day gift ever though!

Betty's came pretty subtly around 5-6 weeks. It takes awhile for most babies to make it a regular occurrence.

kiara smiled at 1.5 weeks old and rylee 1week old

lilly was around 6 weeks , lucas has yet to smile

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"