jade1991

Millies mummy :)
Reaction score
Stand alone?
Walk holding your hands?
Crawl?
Pull up?
Cruise?

Millie is not crawling, she rolls everywhere. She gets onto all fours but doesnt go anywhere she just rolls! She can pull up, she cant stand alone for long but she does walk around holding my two hands. My HV said she will skip crawling and walk... Is this true for some babies (especially bigger babies apparently?)

Stood alone a couple of weeks ago (just before 8 months)
Walks holding hands for about a month now
Crawled just as she turned 7 months
Pulled up before 7 months and cruised shortly after but has only recently got good at it.

She has been focused on physical things i think as she only just started babbling a few days ago. She weighs just over 21lbs now x

Stand alone?
The first time was at 8 months but she can still only do it for a few seconds

Walk holding your hands?
6.5 months

Crawl?
Right before 7 months

Pull up?
6 months

Cruise?
She took some steps at 6 months but wasn't really proficient until 6.5 months

Unless your HV is a psychic I don't think there's any way she can know whether your LO will crawl. A lot of babies don't start crawling until 10-12 months, and it can happen very suddenly. It sounds like your LO is doing great one way or the other!

She might just bum shuffle which I think is the funniest thing. Quinn has just turned 8 months and has been crawling forwards since 7 months (backwards since 6 months :haha:)

He started pulling up onto his knees last week but not onto his feet. He will occassionally take a couple of steps holding onto my fingers but usually just stands there.

He can stand next to the sofa if we put him there but thats about it so far development wise. He only says dadadada or the occassional dado but I think thats a mistake LOL.

Just try to remember that they're all averages and so some will, by its nature do things sooner or later. Good ol' psychic HV.

EDIT: Just to add, he's quite little at just under 17lbs

Arya sat up alone, started crawling on all fours and stood alone all in the same week, when she was 7 months. At 10 months and 1 week she started walking.

Stand alone? She can't stand without holding on to anything yet

Walk holding your hands? She used to do this at around 2-3 months? She doesn't do it so much anymore, she just flop her self down and would rather crawl.

Crawl? 7 months

Pull up? 7 months

Cruise? Not cruising along furniture yet

Honestly, I don't think the size of the baby matters!

My LO is 7 and a half months and cannot do any of those things :( he can stand up holding onto me.
I think maybe he's working on his intelligence development rather than physical lol.

*anxious*

Stand alone?
He lets go of furniture every now and then but after a second or 2 just plonks to the floor

Walk holding your hands?
10 months

Crawl?
9 months

Pull up?
9 1/2 months

Cruise?
10 months

Stand alone - not until a week or so after her first birthday.

Walk holding hands - from about 10 months.

Pull up - around 9 months.

Crawl - 2 days before she turned 9 months.

Cruise - she was cruising along holding onto the furniture at around 9 months, just after she learned to crawl. She has only just in the last couple of days taken her first unaided steps.

Crawled - 8 months

Pulled up to stand - 8 months (within a few days of crawling)

Walked holding hands - 8.5 months

Cruises - 9.5 months

Stand unaided - not doing this yet, although does occasionally let go and doesn't immediately fall, lasts a couple of seconds :haha:

Walk - not yet

Stand alone?
Walk holding your hands?
Crawl?
Pull up?
Cruise?

Millie is not crawling, she rolls everywhere. She gets onto all fours but doesnt go anywhere she just rolls! She can pull up, she cant stand alone for long but she does walk around holding my two hands. My HV said she will skip crawling and walk... Is this true for some babies (especially bigger babies apparently?)

Stand alone? Never without falling
Walk holding your hands? Started last week
Crawl? 7 months
Pull up? 7.5 months
Cruise? 7.5 months

He's 23 lbs & 31" now...a big boy...

I'm actually surprised my LO started crawling because he was quite efficient at getting around by rolling.

According to my MIL, my DH rolled around first, then walked & learned to crawl after that...he wasn't as big as our LO, but he had a big Buddha belly... I had never heard of such a thing... What's the point of crawling if you can walk? :shrug:

If your LO can stand alone already, maybe your HV is right!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->