When did your breech baby turn?

hanni

Reaction score
Ladies who have had breech babies before, when did they turn? If at all?

Baby is footling breech, I know they say not to worry about it but I feel like he's running out of time to turn. I've tried everything on spinning babies, I looked like a right idiot this afternoon doing handstands and turns in my local swimming pool and nothing will budge him. I've looked up moxibustion but they don't do it where I live anywhere I can find.

Next step is an ECV but I'm swaying towards to declining it after reading some horror stories and there only being about a 50% success rate and such high risks, just doesn't seem worth it. Does anyone have any positive experiences to share?
Any replies will be appreciated!

Somewhere between 34 and 36 weeks, I could never tell which way up he was so had to rely on the midwives to tell me. I had it okayed that I could give birth in the birth centre at about 36 weeks so sometime before then.

Mine still hasn't turned, she is frank breech though, so might be different for footling? C section in one week's time!

Mine was incomplete(footling) breech at 34w via u/s. Had another u/s at 35w, and he had turned to head down.
(Of course he could still turn again on me - so they are going to try and confirm it at every appt - OB said a very small % he'd turn back to breech)

I did do acupuncture with moxibustion in that week - dunno if that was why or what.
You do the moxibustion at home - it is simple to do. Just heating the outer part of both little toes...I am sure there are quite a few instructions on the web. Just need the stick.

Mine was incomplete(footling) breech at 34w via u/s. Had another u/s at 35w, and he had turned to head down.
(Of course he could still turn again on me - so they are going to try and confirm it at every appt - OB said a very small % he'd turn back to breech)

I did do acupuncture with moxibustion in that week - dunno if that was why or what.
You do the moxibustion at home - it is simple to do. Just heating the outer part of both little toes...I am sure there are quite a few instructions on the web. Just need the stick.

Oo I didn't know that! I thought it was just what they called that kind of acupuncture 😳
going to Google it and give it a try, thank you!

My baby just turned last week. I know exactly what you mean about everyone telling you not to worry or "plenty of time" etc. It's frustrating because of course you want them to turn- but the further along you go, the more you feel the need to get informed and be ready to make potentially difficult decisions.

You can stand on your head while juggling chainsaws and consuming albino fish scales 3 times a day during a full moon etc, but at the end of the day- if your baby doesn't want to flip... It's not gonna. JMHO

I felt bad because everybody kept asking me, "did you try this??? Or THIS???"... I know it wasn't their intent BUT- They made me feel like I was doing something WRONG and that's why my baby was still breech. It sucked!

I was planning to have the version this week and I was concerned, BUT I was confident if I weren't a good candidate that my doctor wouldn't even try. That... And they were going to give me medicine to chill out. I was pretty freaked out even thinking about it. But, everyone told me - if any doctor could do it, my guy could do it. (probably the main reason I was going to try.) I totally understand your concerns- I was not looking forward to the procedure, and in no way do I feel qualified to encourage/discourage anybody's choice on that one!

I decided to just be ready for whatever came at me. Went ahead with my birth classes and learned all I could about my medical breech options. "Don't worry" "plenty of time" etc were not the answers I was looking for. I felt like since nobody could tell me what would happen, I better just hope for the best and prepare for whatever may come. (Not sure if that's helpful!)

In the end, he flipped after I spent the day scrubbing my floors (ftm 35w+3). I landed in l&d that night with 6min contractions and a head down baby. Was it the floors that did it? Maybe. I wasn't trying to flip him. It just happened.

It is stressful once you're so far along. Sending flipping vibes your way. Hang in there!!! :hugs:

37 weeks but she's still moving a lot and head still free. Also a late turner with ds he was fully mobile and often transverse up to 38 weeks. Running out of room is bull imo, ds was 10lb3 at birth and he clearly had loads of room to turn.
Xx

Mine was breech at 33/34 and head down by 35/36. My dr said they tend to settle by 37 (but there is always the excption to the rule either way!)

I had decided against the version if she had stayed breech. Like you, I wasn't ok with the risks vs. 50% success rate. I also wanted to leave it up to nature just in case there was a reason she could not turn- if she stayed breech I was going to roll with the c/s.

It is only something like 5% that are breech by birth :flower:

Mine still hasn't turned, she is frank breech though, so might be different for footling? C section in one week's time!

So exciting to have a date!

Just a note for everyone on here- being breech into the third tri raises your baby's chance of hip dysplasia (even if it flips later on). So, you should make sure your pediatrician knows that there is that extra risk factor and keeps an eye on it :flower:

My baby just turned last week. I know exactly what you mean about everyone telling you not to worry or "plenty of time" etc. It's frustrating because of course you want them to turn- but the further along you go, the more you feel the need to get informed and be ready to make potentially difficult decisions.

You can stand on your head while juggling chainsaws and consuming albino fish scales 3 times a day during a full moon etc, but at the end of the day- if your baby doesn't want to flip... It's not gonna. JMHO

I felt bad because everybody kept asking me, "did you try this??? Or THIS???"... I know it wasn't their intent BUT- They made me feel like I was doing something WRONG and that's why my baby was still breech. It sucked!

I was planning to have the version this week and I was concerned, BUT I was confident if I weren't a good candidate that my doctor wouldn't even try. That... And they were going to give me medicine to chill out. I was pretty freaked out even thinking about it. But, everyone told me - if any doctor could do it, my guy could do it. (probably the main reason I was going to try.) I totally understand your concerns- I was not looking forward to the procedure, and in no way do I feel qualified to encourage/discourage anybody's choice on that one!

I decided to just be ready for whatever came at me. Went ahead with my birth classes and learned all I could about my medical breech options. "Don't worry" "plenty of time" etc were not the answers I was looking for. I felt like since nobody could tell me what would happen, I better just hope for the best and prepare for whatever may come. (Not sure if that's helpful!)

In the end, he flipped after I spent the day scrubbing my floors (ftm 35w+3). I landed in l&d that night with 6min contractions and a head down baby. Was it the floors that did it? Maybe. I wasn't trying to flip him. It just happened.

It is stressful once you're so far along. Sending flipping vibes your way. Hang in there!!! :hugs:

Totally agree with you, i'm not getting myself worried about it at all but it doesn't hurt to be prepared.

I'd best get scrubbing the floors then 😂

thank you!

Raspberry - totally agree he'll have plenty of room. My brother was breech until my mam was in well established labour and then flipped, they didn't know he was breech until she was in labour though so that's how she got that far. I don't think I'd get the chance to get that far with him being feet first.

Surprisebub - I just don't think it would work tbh! If he's not gunna move with some gentle coaxing and movement then he's obviously happy like that and like for a reason. I feel as if he'd just flip back even if it did work.

He's a total little tinker though! He balls himself up so tightly and sticks himself so far out and then just springs back into his usual position. At night time when I lie on my sides he'll roll over on his side so he's not upside down. I think he's just fussy!

I had a dream last night I was doing squats and he rolled around the right way.. might try some squats later! Maybe it's telling me something 😂

Exact same! 38+1 today, frank breech, unsuccessful ECV, c-section booked for a week today. If I go into labour in the meantime going to ask to give breech delivery a go though.

My baby boy was frank breech for a while. Learned last week at my first of many weekly u/s (32w5d) that he had turned head down and still seems to be head down now. I had no idea and thought he was still breech.

Small update ladies,

One of my midwives came out today to check babys position, she was a different one to the one who was certain he was breech. Shes not sure what position he's in and thinks he could just have a chunky bum. Got a scan booked on tuesday to confirm! Fingers crossed he just has a fat bot and has been confusing us all this time. She says whatever part is down has started to engage so its very unlikely he'll turn from whichever way he is now.

Hope baby is head down. :)

crazy how we can't tell- I always assumed pregnant women would know what part was kicking where... But I have had pretty much no idea all along! Ie. I know she is head down now, but can't tell which way around ;)

My Son was breech for a very long time and didn't turn. i had a elective section at 38+6.

Woo good news.
Baby is head down!
He is also 1/5 engaged. Do any of you uk ladies know if that means well engaged or not a lot?apparently it differs in each place?

That's great news Hanni! Not sure about 1/5 engaged, but congrats on head down!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->