When did your bump drop?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by nov_mum, Dec 14, 2009.

1. nov_mum

nov_mum Well-Known Member

Hi ladies, I'm 32, nearly 33 weeks and I have noticed the last few days that my bump seems to be lower. I am assuming that bubs has moved down but I don't feel like he has. I was induced at 35 weeks last time and I don't think bubs engaged until mid way through induction/labour. I think I was 2/5 last appointment at 34 weeks prior to admission to hospital and I certainly didn't feel uncomfortable or waddle more like a I read a lot of ladies have when they engage. Bubs is still moving lots. Is it too early??

2. krockwell

krockwell 3 Gorgeous Boys!

I feel like mine's moved down too... but don't think it really looks like it did and he definately doesn't feel like the baby's lower... not sure?

:shrug: Guess it depends on the person. <3

3. eddjanuary10

eddjanuary10 Well-Known Member

i noticed my bump looked lower down about 2 weeks ago, and a few family members also commented. i just had a scan last week and baby is not engaged yet, but no longer breech so i think babys new position makes my bump look lower. this is my 1st baby so i'm not too sure but think its normal to experience bump going lower from around 33weeks onwards, my mum said she experienced this with all 4 of her pregnancies x

4. mrskx0x0

mrskx0x0 Scarlett's Mummy

I'm still waiting, mine has always been low so maybe I just can't tell :shrug:

5. chocaholic

chocaholic Well-Known Member

Apparently baby's head doesn't always engage until you're in labour with 2nd and subsequent pregnancies x

6. Becyboo__x

Becyboo__x Well-Known Member

Iv heard its usually they engage later with 2nd baby but might be different with each person lol.. mine isnt engaged yet might be ill have to see wednesday when i go midwife again but hes head down has been a while apparently .. but i havent noticed iv dropped yet im still waiting for it to happen :) x

7. bekkie

bekkie Mommy Due Sept 20

I don't think mine has dropped - it has taken on a square shape though because of how he's sitting

8. luckdragon

luckdragon Well-Known Member

mine dropped at 33 weeks :-/

9. amerikiwi

amerikiwi Mum of 2

I'm still waiting for my bump to drop! Midwife has told me since she's left it this long, she may not drop until labour. Means more time with heartburn but less time waddling.

10. PieMistress

PieMistress Proud and happy Mummy

At my 38w appointment the MW said baby hadn't engaged yet (and it still doesn't look/feel like it has now at 39w) but she said it didn't matter, they sometimes just wait until labour - time will tell I guess!