When did your little ones sit up all by them selfs ?

xKimx

Mummy :)
Reaction score
Well i was just wondering because my 2 firends wee girls sit up all by them selfs and they are the same age as my LO , he just wont sit up :-?

ffion is 5 months and 4 days and she just started today

Oright Hmm i guess hes just a slow learner lol

Caitlyn has just started sitting up now. They all develop at different paces

xx

yes they all do it when they're ready. I was at my 4 motnh docs appointment adn she asked me if he had a good sitting position!?
Ted doesnt sit. If I hold him there he will for a second or two but it's very much a slumped position. She suggested sitting him like that and putting toys in front of him - she said it'll help strengthen his back for sitting up. So we do this daily now as part of our play / excercise routine.
But i dont let him slouch too much - i worry about his spine, it looks so bent! After a week I think he's getting more upright and strong though.

thats what he does , slumps :O and just moves about constantly so he just falls over lol

the more he tries the sooner he'll get there i think - he just needs to build the muscles. Keep trying I say. good luck!

As others have said all babies do things in their own time. Hannah was sitting unsupported just before she was 5 months old but she is still to roll over and shes almost 7 months now!

My bubs started sitting up properly last week...when he can be bothered anyway:) x

Seth isnt interested at sitting up at all. He fidgets too much to be able to sit up, Im sure. All the other babies his age at toddler group are sitting, but none of them are rolling. They're all sitting there quietly playing like little angels and Seth is halfway across the room. Nutter!

xxx

in the birth - 5 book it says that if they can't sit by 9 months to contact your HVs about it. But I think even then they wouldn't worry. There was a little boy at the stay and play at baby clinic this week who was almost a year and he couldn't sit yet but was obviously perfectly happy and healthy.

Ally's having a go. But he's definitely not stable enough to leave yet!

Jack just started this week :)
They all develop differently... I mean some babies are crawling at Jacks age...LOL

Owen just started in the last few days. He is 6 1/2 months:).

Bella can for about 2 seconds. She doesn't want to sit, she wants to stand. She will arch her back and stiffen her legs to stand, so she falls over and gets mad. She rolls all over the place (I find it interesting most babies do one or the other first).

Ruby cant sit properly yet but will sit up on your lap happily and then loses her balance lol. My eldest daughter sat up at about 6 months and my other 2 children about 7 months i think xx

Dec was crawling before he could sit unsupported, he started crawling at 7 months and didnt sit by himself until 7months 2 weeks !!! My nephew didnt sit by himself until 10 months. Dont worry hun they all do it at different times xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->