When do 3rd babies tend to drop?

HLx

Mummy to Layla, George & Enzo <3
Reaction score
I am literally just 29 weeks today and out of no where my stomach looks lower and I have that lovely breathing room just under the boobs that I pray for later in pregnancy when breathing becomes difficult lol baby definitely looks very very low, I've also been getting bad pains in my hips and pelvis, the same ones you get when baby drops. I literally didn't get this until about 36 weeks with my second and probably the same with my 1st even though I don't remember.

Should I be worried? I have heard 3rd babies can pop in and out of the pelvis

Also I forgot to add the tightenings I've been getting have ramped up for the worst, it's been period like cramps for almost 3 days due to an insane amount of crying and stress, I really hope another preterm labour isn't on the cards for me

I had this sort of happen. I’m carrying my third one low but she seems to drop and rise back up as she feels like it. When she “drops” I get contractions and hip/pelvic pain/pressure and I swear it feels like she’s going to fall out because it feels like she’s right on my cervix. Then other days she’s a little higher and I don’t have those issues. I think maybe she occasionally sits on my cervix but hasn’t “engaged” yet so she kinda floats up and down. At 37.5 it’s annoying because it feels like she’s teasing me! But I had this going on early third trimester too. If you’re worried call your doctor though! It doesn’t hurt!

I was wondering this also.
However I’m 29 weeks and baby is half engaged and all the way down so does that mean that’s as far down as he can go (apart from the engagement)
This pregnancy has been so much different to my others, BH’s are intense and daily, always cramping, always pained somewhere, at 29 weeks with my other two I was still like 20 weeks and not affected at all haha!

I hope you don’t mind me asking but you mention a previous pre term labour , did you have a build up to it like signs etc ?
Xx

Thanks for the advice girls I did hear babies come and go from your pelvis when you've had a few! But with my other symptoms I'm scared it will kick start something!

With my preterm labour I had lots of Braxton hicks leading up to then having regular contractions, the monitor at the hospital was able to pick them up and I was in pain, luckily I didn't dilate at all at this point and was allowed home after many days in hospital and steroid injections, but I was on complete bed rest (supposed to be, I still pottered around the house and I had a 2 year old at the time)

Just hoping it doesn't come to anything!

Hi hon 3rd babies are known for going up and down. My 3rd was the same. He kept dropping real low but then going back up again. I got to 40 weeks with him. 3rd ones are the awkward ones. Haha.

With ure contractions hon. If there painful I wud go get checked out because if labour is trying to start they can give u some medicine to stop it. I know u have gone into pre term labour b4 so u already know this but just be vigilant hon.

There was a lady who was in the bed opposite me on Friday while I was being monitored and she was 36 weeks and having contractions but they told her she wud have to have the medication to stop them which I was really surprised about because I thought it was ok to have babies at 36 weeks. So that was a new one on me hahaha.
I was eaves dropping on the convo so I was being a nosey naughty bugger hahaha.

They like u to be at the very least 37 weeks in a healthy pregnancy just so babies lungs are more mature. They dont mature until week 37.
Prob explains why my DD spent 17 days in SCBU because she was born at 35+4.:nope:

So please please please hon get checked out. They will just put u on the proper moniter now and not just a doppler because ure over 28 weeks' and that will indicate if ure having proper contractions or just Braxton hicks. But it's always best to be safe hon that's what they are there for.

My belly is low as well and everyone was saying u have dropped so much but nope he is still not engaged. But he is very low.
I'm getting up to pee about 7 times a night now because of how low he is. Oh isnt pregnancy lovely lol :wacko:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"