when do breastfed babies...

vejables

Reaction score
go longer in between feeds? just wondering as sage is getting older, don't want to freak out if she doesn't eat every 2 hours someday.... :blush:

seemed like she ate less frequently today, but i don't really time it anymore, just feed her when she wants it.

I found that mine went longer at night gradually over time but during the day I was feeding every 3 hours until I weaned them. I found that if I didn't feed that often it affected them at night...kinda like they had to build up a supply during the day, if that makes sense.

that makes sense. yeah, last night she went a good 6 hour stretch. it was wonderful!

kinda freaked me out. isn't she too young for this? last night she had a good 5 hour stretch.... but she would wake up if hungry right?

yeah, she would, don't worry :baby:

I also started to celebrate when Juleika started to sleep for longer stretches at night - the record was eight hours - whereas now she tends to get hungry more frequently again :baby:

kinda freaked me out. isn't she too young for this? last night she had a good 5 hour stretch.... but she would wake up if hungry right?

No not at all - mine both slept through from 10 weeks old. They definitely let you know if they're hungry! LOL!

ooh hold on... how old is she? I just saw 2 months 2 weeks on your ticker thinking that was your LO but it's your wedding anniversary! :dohh:

she's 1 month and about 2 weeks. but she has reached 11 pounds, which i read was the magic number for sleeping through the night? lol.

:dance: If 11 lbs is the magic number, we only have 9oz to go!! Colton is already up to 10lbs 7oz.. but he was a big baby.

Colton isn't breast fed but he gets fed every 3 hours during the day and every 4+ during the night. I feed on demand, basically when he wakes up. He is only 2 weeks old, but has already gone 5 hours between feeds at night.

Are they completely empyting the breast each time, they could be getting too much foremilk? Therefore they aren't as full and want to fed soon after....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->