When do they have immunisations?

grumpymoo

Happy Mummy!
Reaction score
Do premature babies have their immunisations at the same age as term babies?

My DH and myself are worried about the affects this may have and if her little body is able to cope with them.

When I ask HV/Pharmasists about her having something as simple as gripe water no one seems to want me to give it to her as she is premature, that gets me worried about something more serious like immunisations!

Thanks

Hey Hun, they get them at their actual date of birth. xx

We got ours at his actual date of birth. I was SO not happy about this. But they basically brought it up so much we gave in. Once he came home though, I made the choice to change them to his corrected age and my dr said that was fine. We are going to space them out differently than normal and he says that he will be at no greater risk by doing so.

I will say also we saw no ill side affects from him getting his shots so young and little. He handled them like a pro.

Interesting to read as Alex is getting hers very very shortly and her due date is a month away.

By date of birth I meant corrected age..so 2 months and then 4 months and we were home for 6 months but I waited till he was actual age six months. =)

Sam was born at 29 weeks, he had his jabs at his actual age so the first ones were before his due date.
He didnt suffer any ill effects, he barely even noticed I think after 8 weeks in Neo natal unit being prodded every day!

Abby has had 3 sets of them, the first being 8 weeks after she was born which was before her due date. I was unsure about it, but took the view that, if it were a problem, they wouldn't do it. Thousands of premature babies have their immunisations so they must be fairly certain it is ok.

The only problem she has with them is the blimmin plasters they put on. We keep telling them not to, and they aren't even those little wee not very sticky ones, these are practically welded on and they hurt so much to take off! If she managed all the needles in NNICU without a plaster, why must they do it for her jabs :growlmad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->