When do toddlers stop taking a nap?

eddjanuary10

Reaction score
Ihsan is not interested in napping at his usual time the last 4 or 5 days. He gets up at 9.30 and usually naps at 3ish for 1.5 hours but he is easily staying awake until 6pm and then he will nap which means its 7.30pm when he is up again, has dinner! then he is not tired at 9.30ish his usual bedtime.

He dropped to 1 nap at 10 months, could this be the end of all naps now? I hope its just related to teething!

Hmmm not sure, my DD is 26 months and still naps at least once a day .. sometimes 2 .. I hope they don't end any time soon lol, she's a total gremlin come 2p if she hasn't had her nap.

jake still has one nap after dinner for an hour or two.

despite having her regular two hour nap every afternoon after lunch then bed at 7pm, my lo has decided that naps are for losers and is going straight through from 6/7am till 10pm !!!! it has been this way for the last week and is a nightmare, i want my two hour lunchbreak and long evening back !! :haha:

she is the same age as your little boy too

I think it depends on the child. DD2 rarely napped from 14 months and by 18 months she didn't nap at all, the only time she has since then is if shes been ill. She has always gone to bed early though and gets alot of sleep overnight so it never effected her mood or behavior.

Lo is 16 months at the moment and she is still having one nap of 2 hours a day. I really can't see her stopping them anytime soon either. :thumbup:

I understand 3 is the average time kids stop needing to nap in the daytime. But it can easily be sooner or later than that.

I think I'm going to be in the same boat as you. My guy dropped his first nap really early, and already at 14 months he only sleeps for an hour and a half on a good day.

I think Maddison is on the verge of dropping naps all together, she's not quite there yet tho so it's a nightmare at the minute as rather than wanting to nap at 12pm for a couple of hours she's refuses to go down and is shattered by 4pm and wants to nap then for a couple of hours which means she is wide awake at her 8.30pm usual bedtime and up till 10-10.30pm.

On the days that she doesnt nap at all she is in bed by 7pm which I quite like as I get my evenings to myself but this is only 1-2 days a week the rest of the time she's unbearably grumpy by 4pm so I have to put her down and if I wake her from that nap early again she's unbearable :cry:

My DD is 18 months and hasn't taken her usual daytime nap for a week or so now. She wakes at 8.00am usually naps 12-3ish and goes to bed at 7.30pm.

Lana stopped naps at about 18/19 months, i cant remember

Leah & Jack were both 4

My LO started napping once during the day at 9 months - he's never done 2 naps! But he now gets an afternoon nap of 2h/day minimum and I'm hoping it continues for another year anyway! x

Thanks everyone, I guess it really does depend on the child then!

Its 6pm and again, no nap so I'm thinking 8pm bed or maybe 7.30pm. Still hoping this is a phase! He is jumping around and singing right now.

He doesn't seem to like sleep much, never has. Even as a small baby people would comment on how he always seemed so alert and be surprised at how short his naps were! Nothing like me then, i love sleep!!

Tom normally has a 2 hr nap from 12 to 2pm but refused to have a nap at all yesterday and then didn't really have chance today cos we were out all day. I'm hoping he goes back to a 2hr nap tomorrow cos I'm not ready to give up my bit of quiet time yet and he's really grumpy by 6pm if he's not had a nap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->