When do you class your first day of your period?

mrscupcake

Reaction score
Do you class it as the day you start spotting or the day of full flow? I started spotting on the 4th and 5th then nothing until the 8th when I started spotting at night just before bed and then full flow commenced on the 9th!!! I have no idea when to class first day of period. If I class the 4th as first day of period then I'd be ovulating now which makes sense as I feel I have a higher sex drive and seem to have stretchy EWCM but if I class full flow as first day then I'm not due ovulation until 23rd! We're dtd anyway but would be useful to know. I've not been checking basal temp or anything. Just started trying again for no.3

It should be the first day you have a full flow, spotting wouldn't count as the beginning of af!

First day of full flow is cd 1. Be it light, medium or heavy. Spotting is definitely not the first day

I'm convinced I've already ovulated and if I'm classing ful flow as CD1 then that would mean I ovulated CD8-10 (high sex drive, confident, EWCM) but now CD12 no CM, sex drive wavering and tiredness etc. BUT you ovulate 14 days BEFORE AF not 14 days after so I may be having shorter cycles. (I've not been in top of them lately and only just started TTC for 3rd) I'll start taking my BBT next month and see what's going on.

Not everyone have a 14 day lp so not always ovulation 14 days before af. My lp is 15-16 days long.

It's completely possible you ovulated cd8-10 and have a shorter lp. It's not 14 days for everyone, on a good month my lp is 12 to 13 days but last month I was ill and it was only 9 days. And from someone who spots A LOT it would be absolutely no use to me and wrong to count my cd 1 from the days I spot!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->