When do you stop hiding bump

kitchenware

Reaction score
I am only 11 weeks with number 3. Haven't really gone public, and still so nervous before 12 week scan but my stomach is huge. Unmistakable bump(sure it's just bloat but it looks the same). Today I'm wearing maternity shorts and a loose t-shirt, but there is no way of hiding it. I don't know whether it's weirder to just start wearing increasingly large and tent like clothes to hide it, or to just accept it's going to show. When did everyone start dressing for a bump?

I gave up at 10 weeks and started telling people. Couldn't hide it any longer.

It might not be just bloat.. I'm 11 weeks with our 3rd as well and the midwife found baby's heartbeat right below my belly button :) we quit trying to hide it around 9 weeks though. It maybe was bloat back then but actually had a couple family members guess anyway at that point. We still haven't announced anything on Facebook but we aren't in a huge hurry for that. Family knows and that's fine with us :)

We told family around 6 weeks, didn't announce on facebook until about 17 weeks. Debating announcing this one since people think they are entitled to know the gender too.

I think my problem is that I feel the need to explain why I am so big this early on... I think it's the number of people who keep telling me how they hardly looked pregnant till 8 months etc!

Awwww I hate bump size comments. It's really normal to show with subsequent pregnancies. Things are continuously growing in there and even though baby is still quite small, the uterus is growing and moving up (possibly sooner this time than your other pregnancies). I know it's hard but I just try not to listen to comments and enjoy having a bump aa llittle earlier :)

I feel you! I just stopped trying! I am kinda stuck with either looking fat or pregnant depending on what I wear so I don't think people dare ask;)

I am 9+3 with baby number 3. I am small framed but my stomach is huge. Don't know how i will hide it for another few weeks!!!!

When I was 9 weeks with my second son people were actually asking me when I was due !! So I pretty much came out with it and officially announced at 11 weeks !
I'm wondering if this one will be the same being my third !

With all four of my pregnancies, I tried to hide that belly as long as possible. This time, by the time I was 4 weeks along, I was being asked when I'm due. Ummmm, in 8 months. Lol. Awkward! Yes, that bloat bump comes around quicker after having a few babies. I try to hide it, but I can't. I look huuuuuge now at 9 weeks. I went to a family reunion where everyone could tell and congratulated me. I can't stand it! I keep the news to myself for as long as possible, but almost everybody already knows.

With my first, I successfully hid the bump until 7 months. This time, by 6 weeks strangers were asking me when I'm due, and my current bump looks about 5-6 months along. I mean, I *could* hide it, but it would be weird! It is pretty surprising how different babies 2+ are!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->