When do you take your tree down?

Sarah Lou 80

Reaction score
As much as I love Christmas, I don't like having the tree up on New Year's Day. It usually comes down later in the week after Christmas but we plan on taking it down tomorrow as it's looking a bit dried put and sorry for itself! Will probably leave the other bits up a bit longer such as,my candle bridge and the cards.

I am Catholic, Ieave mine up until the 12th day of Christmas, the Epiphany, January 6th. I also do not put mine up until the 3rd Sunday of Advent, around 1.5 to 2 weeks before Christmas.

I'm going to take ours down soon as it just depresses me still having it up knowing that Christmas is all over :(

I wanted yo take it downboxing day but was feeling too rough to do much. Probably thursday now. Try to reclaim some of my living room which is currently overcrowded with toys and a huge tree. Ill probably start putting the presents away then aswell. I like it all looking " tidy" for new years.

I love having all the toys out. OH wanted to put them away but I like them out still feels like Christmas !.

I will probably take our tree down next week when OH goes back to work !

Putting mine away today.. already took the ornaments off.. normally I'd leave it up a bit longer but I can't take the cat trying to eat the tree or the glitter falling everywhere and we really need the space back while DD has all these big toys out and together.

Thursday when i am off work again. I have it up the whole of december pretty much bit dwfinitely want it down by new year.

I like mine down by the time I go back to work, which is right after new year. Some years I take it down sooner, this year is looking like later because I'm feeling exceptionally lazy. Lol.

I took mine down yesterday as soon as the girls went away to their dads.. so about 10.30am boxing day!

New year. I like it all back to normal before going back to work

Ours comes down when we get back from our family visits and I also put all the toys away, we got home tonight so tomorrow (Wednesday) it will all be down :-(
I like an organised a house for New Years not that I celebrate that

Mine came down Boxing Day. I can't cope with it after Christmas Day x

I want it all down n gone now. Depressing with christmas being over, but dh wants it up still. Even asked me to put the lights on yesterday!!!
I will take it down on Tuesday 3rd when everything goes back to "normal".

Oh n the toys have already been organised and put away. I cannot stand toys everywhere so I actually do it on Christmas day!!! :haha:

Took ours down this morning. It didn't take as long as I expected. Just need to get it all back into the attic now.

Ours finally came down this morning. Iv vacumed 3 times in the living room and there is still glitter everywhere. Iv tidied the toys up too... ok iv stacked all the boxes up into the giant gift bags ohs mums brought round. It looks much tidier.

Mines came down on boxing day to make space for toys. I miss it though! I want it all back up 😂

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->