When do you take your tree down?

I took it down yesterday and all the decorations are back in the attic! I do love getting the tree up and decorating for Xmas but I love how clean and tidy everything seems once it's all put away.

I put the toys away yesterday but the decorations will stay up until the 5th or 6th. I'm a bit busy on the 5th, so it will probably be the 6th that they come down. Then I'll be going out for 'women's Christmas' that night as a last celebration.

I am feeling apprehensive about taking everything down as it takes me a full week to decorate the house. Taking it all down is easier obviously as I don't have to take time to make it all look nice. But it is still a full day's work. Even just getting it all up into the attic once it's boxed up takes a good hour. I truly am insane!

I put the toys away yesterday but the decorations will stay up until the 5th or 6th. I'm a bit busy on the 5th, so it will probably be the 6th that they come down. Then I'll be going out for 'women's Christmas' that night as a last celebration.

I am feeling apprehensive about taking everything down as it takes me a full week to decorate the house. Taking it all down is easier obviously as I don't have to take time to make it all look nice. But it is still a full day's work. Even just getting it all up into the attic once it's boxed up takes a good hour. I truly am insane!

Good luck! I keep finding bits I forgot about! Very annoying when I've already made three trips up to the loft to put it away!

My tree went down on 28th. Honestly I got sick of seeing it and wanted it down as soon as Christmas Day was done with. It's been a stressful year/Christmas period for me and want the entire thing over and done with. Normally take it down on NYE or Jan 3rd while DD's at school.

Well I've got one tree down...we moved houses and had enough space for two tees this year. So we had a fake tree in the front and the real tree in the back where the TV is. I haven't gotten the fake tree down or the boxes put away (well, that's hubby's job). I have a lot of trouble still, having nausea and fatigue that lasts all day so it's taking me longer than normal.

We've still got ours up. I'll try and take them down over the next few days depending on when I get time.

I'm surprised everyone takes them down so soon! Mine will probably be up til mid-January, at least. I'm not motivated in the least to take it down yet, and I still like having the lights on in the evenings while sitting in the living room.

Mine came down today. Nice to have the space back.
Growing up we used to have the tree up till mid Jan too but it only ever went up on Christmas Eve so less chance of getting sick of it, plus we always went skiing on Boxing day till the end of the first week of January.

I'm thinking about keeping it up year round and decorating it for each holiday. There are some really great ideas out there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->