When does it get too much?

Loup89

Reaction score
I've been feeling sick all day almost everyday for nearly 2 weeks but yesterday I actually started throwing up and since then every thing I eat and drink comes back up, I've just spent the morning sipping water and even that's come back up. I feel really thirsty but I know I'll just be sick again if I have a drink.

I know some of you have dealt with this for longer than a day so please don't think I'm moaning already, I was just wondering at what point it becomes too much and I need to see a doctor?
Did anyone else start like this and it calm down?

If you can't keep water down I'd go see your doctor. Hope you're feeling better soon.

no advice just wanted to say i hope you feel better soon x

I agree. I've been feeling sick the entire pregnancy so far, but I've been able to keep food down etc. If I were you I'd see your doctor now as you don't want to become dehydrated.

go to doctors and get antisickness tablets. they still made me throw up but they work for some people worth a try!

o you poor thing :-( I feel for you. I suffer from hyperemesis (google it it may give you some advice)...

I can say I know how you feel, vomit everything, nausea all day, bed ridden...

I can only say 'everyday sucks but you will get through it!'
You can join FB pages for support on Hyperemesis too
I'm on the Australian (even though I'm in NZ) and the suffers and survivors site which is from all over the world.

Feel free to contact me for a chat if you need too xxx

Try drinking warm water (just small sips every 10 minutes)
Suck on hard boiled lollies - the sourer the better
Try sea sickness bands

Also go to you ER if you are like this in another day or two you may be dehydrated and need fluids - be prepared to stay in hospital.

also ask for some Zofran anti metics xxx if you can't sleep ask for Restavit or Phenergan xxx

Thanks ladies!

I was still throwing up water until a few hours ago but I've managed some ice cubes and some grapes in the last hour and seem to have stayed down so far! :)

Thanks for your advise mumaoftwoboys, I've had sea bands on all day, I'm not sure if they help, for all I know I'd be 10x worse without but im too scared to take them off to see. I will definitely seek help it continues.

I rang my work earlier to try and say I didn't think I'd make it in tomorrow if I'm really bad, baring in mind I deal with the public for 8 hours a day and they told me its not contagious so I have to come in and make trips to the toilet! Urghh so angry!

The doc can give u Maxalon tabs to ease it. My travel bands help so much too.

I never had time off when pregnant for ms as I knew it wasn't going away anytime soon and I couldn't ring in sick all of first tri! Lucky too as my ms went well to week 25, the vomiting stopped around week 17, I work on a register in a busy shop and the toilet is a fair way away :/ not easy I know. I only rang in sick one weekend it was particularly violent I was projectile vomiting the length of the hallway and lost 9 pounds in 2 days I drove to the doc with a bucket between my legs to get the injection to make you stop vomiting. NOT COOL! But yeah unfortunately we just have to brave it! Eating tiny teddies at the register and diet soda seemed to help me a bit and def the Maxalon for the rougher days.

That sounds awful! Luckily I don't feel quite so bad today.

It's hard at my work because the last girl who was pregnant got shouted at for throwing up infront of customers they said if she felt that bad she shouldn't be in and they sent her home everytime she was sick more than once or twice, so I wanted to at least warn them but they're not very sympathetic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->