When does the Second Trimester begin?

HairyPirates

Reaction score
Hi Guys, this might sound a bit silly but I'm a newbie... When does the Second Trimester begin? I've tried looking it up but some websites are saying 13 weeks and others 14?? :nope: I am 13 weeks and 1 day, am I in my first or second now? Thanks :flower:

No idea... But in the US it's 13 weeks... Doesn't really matter. Here on BNB it's 14 weeks.

However, my Dr. takes the 3rd trimester starting at 29 weeks and on here its 27 weeks.

No idea... But in the US it's 13 weeks... Doesn't really matter. Here on BNB it's 14 weeks.

However, my Dr. takes the 3rd trimester starting at 29 weeks and on here its 27 weeks.

Thank you, see it's different everywhere I check, really confused :nope: I'm in the UK and won't even be seeing my midwife until July to be able to ask!
Thanks for answering anyway :flower::flower:

I seen some sites say 12 weeks. I'm not sure but I think in the UK its 14 weeks. I put myself in at 13 weeks just because I wanted to.

July is a long wait, by then you won't be far from the third trimester. You could ask when you go when the third trimester starts, though.

Anywhere from 12-14 wks depending on where u live

The medical community should standardize it! Lol...it is confusing. I feel halfway between both. Not really feeling first tri, and not totally feeling part of second tri, like a weird awkward preteen! :haha:

That is exactly how it feels... But am I ever excited to just be where we are. <3

9 months in a pregnancy, 3 trimesters, 3 months in a trimester, 4 weeks in a month, so you'd think it would start at the beginning of week 13! Mathematically!!! That's what I'm going by anyway :)

I noticed when I had my 12 week scan it said "2nd trimester" in the corner of it (in Spain)

In the uk it's 14 weeks, but it does vary across the world stupidly.

Though if you divide the 3 trimesters it's 13+3 come across when your ready :)

I've heard 12 weeks is the end of your first trimester, but I did notice here the first trimester section says weeks 4-13 so i dk. I go by 12 weeks being the last week of your first trimester but that's just me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->