when is it safe to start trying to start labor naturally?

7 days before my due date I got bored 1 night so I did everything in the book! 10 squats hold for 5 seconds, foot massage,ate chilli peppers,sexy time which was painful but I did say to my partner to go abit harder than normal lol:blush:

I went into labour the next day! So it was either a coincidence or 1 of these things worked but I have no idea which 1!:thumbup: good luck xx

I'm almost 39 wks and thinking to try pumping .... Manual seems too messy lol .... Has anyone tried that before? Wondering if It would be worth it.... Mostly I'm wondering if it will waste colostrum? Or will your body keep reproducing it?

Last pregnancy I used evening primrose capsules , inserted and oral.... Think I started at 36 wks.... Def helped with dilation/effacement.... By the time
My DD approached I was already at a 3.5/4 cm and 90% ....
This time I couldn't use it because it would give me a rash :/ so odd! My stomach and arms would break out in hives every time :( I quit taking it after a wk.... And here I am 39 wks and no signs of anything happening .... Well my dr says my cervix is still much to far to reach to even tell me what's going on :( sooooo bummed and miserble!!
Wish labor would kick in!!

I have been doing some stuff since 37 weeks, (nipple stimulation, bouncing on a yoga ball, EPO since 36 weeks) but nothing has happened yet. I don't think he will come out until he's ready anyway. I had my membranes stripped with DS2 at 40+2 weeks, went into labor with him that night. I'm going to ask my doctor to strip my membranes at 39 weeks (I'm absolutely sure of my due date, I was tracking O and started having blood draws at 8dpo). I'm soooo ready to have this over with though! The last few weeks are just draining! I definitely wasn't in this much pain with DS1 or DS2. Oh, and I don't know if it is just my body or the EPO but I had my 36 week appointment and was "starting to thin out" and then 5 days later had my 37 week appointment and was 70% effaced. I haven't been inserting it vaginally though, I've been taking it orally.

I'm almost 39 wks and thinking to try pumping .... Manual seems too messy lol .... Has anyone tried that before? Wondering if It would be worth it.... Mostly I'm wondering if it will waste colostrum? Or will your body keep reproducing it?

I don't know anything about the benefits of expressing it, but your body will keep making colostrum. It's the separation of the placenta that tells your body to switch over from colostrum to milk, so as long as the placenta is in place, you'll make colostrum :)

I don't know anything about the benefits of expressing it, but your body will keep making colostrum. It's the separation of the placenta that tells your body to switch over from colostrum to milk, so as long as the placenta is in place, you'll make colostrum :)

The only "waste" is that your body is dumping out the nutrients instead of reabsorbing them. No need to worry about running out though.

The only "waste" is that your body is dumping out the nutrients instead of reabsorbing them. No need to worry about running out though.

Also, you can save and freeze it if you wanted- since it is such a small amount you freeze it in little syringes! Some ladies like to keep this on hand in case there is a risk of jaundice/blood sugar or feeding issues so they can avoid formula!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->