When is it too early to start on Nursery

mummy to be

Cautiously Pregnant
Reaction score
Hi ladies :)
Just wondering when is too early to start getting nursery organised? :shy:
I am 13+3 weeks and we are looking to get everything organised soon.. slowly but we are starting to look around. Is that normal or?
When is too soon to start buying and getting things sorted?
:crib: :icecream:

Well you're past the 12wks initial "danger" stage if you were worried about old wives tales etc. Get it sorted when you like. If you wanna help to do it then it'll probably be easier to do it now as opposed to when you're a bit "bigger".

I already have a 10month old as well as being pregnant but we've just had our nursery decorated. Yesterday I scrubbed it clean again coz of the dust from decorating, hoovered, made up the spare bed. Put up new curtains and rail, lightshade etc and sorted out Toby's clothes that he'd grown out of and boxed them up:happydance:. Not to mention 3 loads of :laundry:, cooking etc.

But....I'm suffering now and my back is playing up BIG time. So a word of warning...delegate where you can:rofl:

I've not got anything cept clothes and a steriliser LOL

Get everything sorted when you like! My friend had all her stuff by week 24.

I dont think its ever to early to start really, but i know i rushed into everything and buying stuff before 27weeks and since then iv been so bored with nothing to do because all baby stuff was sorted!!

Just remember that you'll have long hours of maternity leave to full somehow!

I still havnt started on mine. But thats money flow that stops that but i got a few bits a few weeks ago and starting to get paint next week.

I think a lot of people are excited to get started early etc etc. The thing that held me back was the thought that what if i found something i liked more later on?? And with 6 more months to go and think about things, if you get everything done now, that leaves no room for shopping later :blush:. I bought things one at a time over time, making sure 'thats what we want' so there was no changing minds or finding something 'better' later on.

Even now i have 2 items i want to exchange to the store and get different colors of! ugh! Good thing i haven't unpacked ANYTYHING so I can still exchange things at the store. I left everything with tags on, in their bags, until later when i feel like we've got everything and set up the nursery on a nice weekend!

thanks ladies :) that makes me feel ALOT better :) We are just going to get things slowly but yeah.. one thing at a time i think :) i cant wait.. the room is already cleaned and washed and ready... it was a cold raining weekend here and OH suggested we clean out that room so i jumped at the chance.
hehehehe thanks again
:) cant wait to go shopping :)

Yea start when ever you feel like it :) I still havent even started :shock:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back