When is second trimester?

x Zaly x

Mum of three
Reaction score
This may be a dumb question but when would you classify urself in second trimester? 13 weeks or 14 weeks? I have two books that say different so now im confused..

I always thought it was starting at 13 weeks...?!

Depends on your view of length of pregnancy.

Many doctors say 42weeks while pregnant. So that's 14weeks per trimester. Or 13weeks per trimester and its 39weeks.

In Australia it's 12 weeks (after the Nuchal translucency scan)

I honestly never gave it any thought. Course with my two full term pregnancies before I was very young and didn't give a whole lot much thought at the time. :dohh:

Most doctors say 14 weeks...since the first 2 weeks you aren't even pregnant. But in my mind I always have thought 13 weeks.

If you divide the standard 40 weeks it's technically 13+3 or something I think?

Here everyone seems to just head over around 14 weeks. Or a bit earlier if you feel ready. No rules really ;)

On my pregnancy app at 12 weeks it's says congrats and welcome to second tri! Lol. I'll be going over to 2nd at 12 weeks anyway cus iv had enough 1st tri to last me a life time. (Been in here 7 times now!) x

I'll be going over when I have my scan which should be at 13+2, even if it pushes me back a bit.

At 13 weeks I'll consider myself in 2nd tri. My last LO came at 36 weeks, so I lost a few weeks at the end anyway!

I read somewhere just today it's after the 12 wk + NT scan which I've just had......I think I'll keep a foot in both camps for a couple of weeks before fully migrating to the 2nd tri.

I found this site that gives you how the trimesters split up based on development, gestation and conception. I think everyone here is right, it's just a matter of how your doctor calculates it.

https://www.baby2see.com/trimester_calculator.html

Ok now i feel even more confused lol. My daughter arrived at 39+6 and my doctor says pregnancy is 40 weeks. Il just move over to second tri at 13 weeks i think. Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->