When is your tree going up?

DanielleM

Reaction score
Mine usually goes up towards the end of November, around 28/29, last year I put it up around 22nd and it was just too early. Dare I say it, I was a bit bored of it come Christmas. :blush::blush: This year I am holding out and putting it up on the 3rd December. It usually comes down on 2nd January. I always have it up for New Year's Day as I host a New Year's Day dinner, but the major clean up comes on the 2nd January. I know it's tradition to leave it up until 6th but usually the kids are back at school by then and I want the house back to normal.

What is the plan for putting your tree up? When do you usually take it down?

We normally do 12 days before Christmas but last year was the first weekend in December. This year we will probably do the same. Need to work out how to keep the baby away first!

I had 3 trees last year ... The first went up mid November and I think the last one went up 2nd dec 🙈

From looking at the calendar :blush: I imagine it'll be the 3rd Dec.

Work makes us put up Dec's the 1st week of Nov. I'm so sick.of it by dec

25th November when it's delivered. Always do this, but it's such a beautiful tree and smells so wonderful that I don't get bored of it. I actually feel really sad when I have to take it down! I pay quite a lot for a real tree so want to get my money's worth.

3rd or 4th Dec our tree will go up. Don't have a set date for it to come down, whenever I'm ready but always after the 2nd as I get sad everything is over!

My husband is american so we have always put it up the day after thanksgiving, this year that will be the 25th Nov.

My husband is american so we have always put it up the day after thanksgiving, this year that will be the 25th Nov.

This is our typical tradition, as well. If I had the choice, it'd be up year-round! :haha:

I had 3 trees last year ... The first went up mid November and I think the last one went up 2nd dec 🙈

I like your style! :D Are they all full-size trees? Do you set them up in different rooms?

Last year I wanted it up on the 1st weekend of December, DH wanted Christmas Eve (outrage) and we compromised to a couple of weeks before Christmas. This year I won't fight him on it because I can see that DD2 is going to be a total pain with it and I know I'll get frustrated with having it up and trying to keep her away constantly. So probably a week or so before Christmas.

We put ours up around the 2nd week of December. I love Christmas, but like to keep it short

I don't like mine up too early, maybe 1-2 weeks before. I'm planning on getting a real tree, but not sure how I'll keep dd away from it now she's mobile! I'll probably take it down around New Year, but no later.

Usually the end of November or beginning of December.
We are going to lapland UK on the 1st December so I will probably do end of November to get the kids into the Christmas spirit!

Last year I wanted it up on the 1st weekend of December, DH wanted Christmas Eve (outrage) and we compromised to a couple of weeks before Christmas. This year I won't fight him on it because I can see that DD2 is going to be a total pain with it and I know I'll get frustrated with having it up and trying to keep her away constantly. So probably a week or so before Christmas.

That is outrageous, I think I would cry!

I think Christmas Eve is a bit too late :haha:

It makes me sad when people pull their trees down on Boxing Day. It's still Christmas season for me right up until the kids go back to school.

Usually put it up the weekend after Thanksgiving, which would be around Nov 26, and it always comes down the day after Christmas (or Christmas night if I'm bored). I love it all, but am ready get my living room back to usual by Christmas.

putting our Menorah and Hanukkah decor up Dec 1 and leaving it up til jan sometime. I LOVE it!

Usually 1st December here or first weekend of December. I did grow up in a house that quite often it was left until we broke up for Christmas holidays or Christmas eve though. I usually take down just after new years just so new toys can find a space

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->