When is your tree going up?

1st December regardless of the day and usually down before New Year's Eve (not keen on New Years tbh)
If we'd have people over I'll leave it up but we usually don't so when sorting out their toys etc I like to get the tree put away.

On the look out for a new tree this year. I hate our one now as too gappy and the branches move all over the place. We had a pre lot one years ago but I accidentally cut the cable putting the box away so OH said I'm not allowed another one :-(

Last year we put it up the first week of December and we were genuinely concerned that it was going to be brown by Christmas day. The children were on strict orders not to touch it haha. I have always had a real tree and never have I seen one die like that. It was a bit crap lol. Someone told me it was "a bad year for Christmas trees" what ever that means. Either way I'm going to hold out a while longer this year. Maybe wait until 12 days before =(

It usually comes down the day before dh goes back to work. So sometime around the 4th =)

1st December, OH booked the day off especially :haha: I refuse to do it before December!

Probably the first weekend in December. We always had the tradition of 12 days before Christmas when I was growing up but I know I'll be too excited to wait!

Last two years it has been around 25th November. This year will defo be December before it goes up!

I need a Friday night when Lucas is at his Dad's because it takes HOURS and I always get in a grump. Probably the 2nd this year.

I think I'll put mine up 27th November. 4 weeks exactly before Christmas isn't too extreme. Pretty sure I had mine up the middle of Nov last year lol! Will try to hold out til December but I know I've got no chance!

First weekend in December I always do mine with the LOs :)
I always take mine down New Years Day

Usually the first Saturday of December, but it's the 3rd this year and I hate the number 3 so will be the Sunday 4th.

DD2s birthday is on 5 December so I will be making a start on mine the very next day. Usually take it down when kids go back to school. x

We're looking at the 2nd of december as that's the first full day off work that dh will have in december :happydance:

1st December! Excited as having a tree in the kitchen this year too!

Usually we have it up first weekend after Halloween but getting a mantelpiece I want to decorate in mid November so waiting until then so I can decorate everything. Been trying since I started dating DH to put it up for my birthday (which is today) but in 8 years he still hasn't budged! My family are always laughing at how much I love Christmas, hoping to get one for DDs room this year since DH will do anything for his little girl haha

December 3rd (Second if we're really impatient :haha:) We take it down 1st or 2nd of January, DH's birthday is on the 5th so they have to be down before then.

Last day of November for me this year. It's normally first week of December but I've got stuff planned that week so it's going up a day or two early. I like to take it down after New year's, by then I'm ready to have my house back to normal lol

1st December. OH will get the decorations down from the attic the weekend before.
I'll put the tree up and the lights on while Alex is in school ready for him to help decorate it when he gets home.
OH normally makes a start packing everything away on the 2nd January, I hate it, makes me feel all sad but since having children, it's kind of nice to just get back to normal after all the chaos.

I always put mine up right after my birthday which is Nov 25th. So probably Sat the 26th! :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->