when people talk about having a 24 weeker, is the baby only 22 weeks old?

fallenangel26

Reaction score
hi

i posted earlier but havent had any replies so rather than rambling thought i would cut to the question i wanted to ask.

is a surviving baby born at 24 weeks gestation actually only 22 weeks fetal age? or would u need to be 26 weeks pregnant to be classed as having a 24 weeker?

the gestational age/fetal age thing always confuses me, im currently 18 weeks pregnant but may have to deliver early due to a sch and threatened placental abruption. and am scared about my babys chances of survival.

ive read a few posts on here where ladies had babies at around 24 weeks, and they survived. was this 24 weeks as timed from your LMP? or 24 weeks fetal age

if anyone can help me id be grateful as im extremely worried, thank you

Hi

We have an sch group under bnb groups and ive also set up a premature babies group as well in the same place. 24 weeks would be classed as that so if your baby ws born they would say he/she was born at 24 weeks. I have sch and already showing signs of another abruption (had 3 already with other children) please dont worry too much as it isnt good for your baby. They will keep a close eye on you have they spoke to you about having steriods? im having mine at 25 weeks to prepare me just incase.
Make sure you rest and dont lift anything heavy or do too much phyiscal activity.
Hope this helps xxx

hi
thank you for your response, i will go over there and have a look!
they did speak to me about steroids but are going to continue monitoring the placenta and this clot.
im sorry to hear u are goin thru the same thing and i wish u all the best xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->