When shall i tell people?

T

thedog

I found out i was pregnant yesterday, 3 BFP's, quite dark lines too.
Next step is to make an appt with my Doctor, just wondering, what do you say when you walk in the doctors room, like 'im pregnant' or 'i think im pregnant'.
Sorry just a little unsure :baby:

Also im dying to tell people, only my fiance knows right now, im thinking of leaving it till after christmas.
x

It's up to you hun...do what you feel is right. Some keep it a secret till the 1st scan at 12 weeks...other tell everybody straight away.
We didn't tell family i was expecting till 10-11 weeks just before our 1st scan...we didn't want to announce to friends/work etc...until we knew the scan was ok at approx 12 weeks.

I didnt go to see a docs when i found i was pregnant with Jac... i just phoned my local surgery and they got me in touch with the surgery midwife. She then came to see me at home at approx 6-7 weeks preggers. From then on i saw her at my local surgery for checkups and whatnot.

xx

First of all - CONGRATULATIONS!

When I called my doctors to tell them I was pg...the receptionist said to make an appointment with the midwife if I "made it" to 8 weeks. Well I didn't make it but I now think I should have just gone to the doctor straightaway and told him I was pregnant...that way you can ask any questions and get a quick once over which will make you feel sure about things.
I told my parents and my DHs parents. When I found out it was ectopic I told everyone because I would feel awful to "deny" what happened.
Sorry to be a bit bleak on your lovely happy bfp-type thread :blush:

Give it a few days to settle in your mind and you will know when the time is right to tell people. x

Thankyou both of you :)
Thinking im going to make an appt at the doctors on monday for tuesday if possible, really busy week ahead what with christmas coming up.. arhhhh lol!
x

Thankyou both of you :)
Thinking im going to make an appt at the doctors on monday for tuesday if possible, really busy week ahead what with christmas coming up.. arhhhh lol!
x

Congratz. Hey where or what site did you get your pregnant tickers? They are so cute.

Congratulations on your BFP, Isnt it the best feeling in the world.

I told everyone right away. I wanted to tell family as I dont agree with the waiting to 12 week mark to tell them all. I had to tell work as I work with Chemotherapy and Radiotherapy and in my unit you cant look after certain patients when your pregnant. And because I had to tell work, I would have felt guilty that work knew and family/friends didnt so i told everyone. close family and friends anyway.

Hey hon, with my first I told people almost as soon as I found out, same as goddess, I have to tell work for safety reasons so couldnt tell my boss before my close family and friends.

This time Id have loved to have kept it a secret between me an DH for a while, but after getting my :bfp: this morning my mum poped in within half hour and she only had to look at me and was like "is there something you want to tell me?!" (she knows me sooo well lol) so, so far, my dh, my parents my sis and my best mate know (and u lovely ladies on bnb of course). going to tell the inlaws tonight, work tomorrow and then everyone else when we feel ready.

As for the docs, I went a couple of days after my :bfp; with my first as I had no idea what to expect. He said there was no point in doing another test as hpt are as good as what they do if not better. He then told me to make an appt with the midwife and I saw her from then on in. Im at a new docs now tho since moving house so it could all be differnent this time.

With it being xmas week, im sure my docs will be really busy, and I am too so might have to wait til next week or even week after but as we have found out so early it doesnt matter much.

Only a day betwen us, how exciting!! heres to a healthy happy pregnancy for us all :hug:

congrats :)
i told my parents an OH's parents at 13 weeks, and everyone else at 16!
its each to their own really...

Congrats!

Said to the docs I think I'm preg, and they said normally wouldn't need to do a test as HPTs are probably better than their tests.

Booked in a week after pos test and she took dates and details and sent a referral off to midwife.

I had a phonecall from midwife who arranged to come and see me just shy of 6 weeks pg (wouldn't normally have come this early but she said there was a backlog with 12wk scans and wanted to get me in the system asap).

Haven't told any family yet - we are waiting til Christmas Day as both our families will be together. That will also be 8 weeks. Don't plan on telling other people until 12 weeks.

Definitely down to personal choice - would have prob told family already if Christmas wasn't so close though!

Congrats again!

Congratulations hun x

I think you should do whats right with you, no one can say what will happen, would be a lovely xmas present, but do whats right for you x x

Hello and congrats we got our BFP yesterday too, I have only told my seniors at work because of the nature of my job but no one else knows.

As for family we're telling them xmas day and i predict i'm only about 5 weeks by then maybe a little early but i can't keep it secret anymore!!

I'm telling my friends after new years as we have a two 30th birthdays to go to one if which i'm making a 3 hour journey to and it will a bit strange if i go and don't drink and i can't think of a good enough reason why i'm not drinking!! x x x

Congraulations hun.

I only got my BFP yesterday but my mum,sis and dad know as well as my OH. Think I'm gonna wait til after Xmas to tell work. Not sure about my friends etc yet. Need to get my head round it 1st!

Congratulations!

We told close family and friends and decided to keep it quiet until at least Christmas to tell everyone else........that was until 2 weeks ago when we had a scan and it revealed that we are expecting Twins! Then we just couldn't keep it to ourselves, think it was the shock! It's really a personal preference so go with whatever you want to do.

Wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->