When should babies stop having bottles?

clarsair

Reaction score
A random question that I thought of today!

I'd like to introduce a cup for drinking water when I start weaning LO but what age do babies generally stop drinking from a bottle? Does this coincide with moving to drinking cow's milk rather than formula or can formula be given in a cup?

im sticking to bottles until hes off formula for his milk. im going to get one with handles on or them thin ones. for juice/water i think i will try him on a sippy cup. Thats how i intend on approaching it but he may have different ideas x

My drs information says to start weaning off the bottle between 6-12 months. (huge window!). You can give formula in a sippy cup if you want or give a sippy cup with a couple ounces of water with solids and then bottles as normal for formula. This way by 12 months there will be a small number of bottles anyways. Make sense?

Omar still drinks 2 milk bottles. He doesnt like to drink milk from a sippy or any cup. He's fine with any cup for water & he drinks good amounts of water since he was 9-10 months. xx

I can't get my LO to take a bottle at all. She has been managing well with her sippy cup since about 8 months. Before that she didn't really get the point of a bottle or cup preferring to drink all liquids straight from the boobie.

I have always used a bottle for milk even when they were toddlers and just having milk at bedtime but juice and water always from a cup even from weaning age.

The guidelines say by 12 months, but most LO's I know of were still having the odd bottle of milk until they were a little older.

We didn't push it until after we'd switched to cows milk, because it's a lot easier to make up formula in a bottle rather than a cup.

i always put formula in a bottle and juice in a cup and my son is 6months

They say you should start weaning them off the bottle at a year. Ruby wouldn't drink milk from a cup before 14 months but I'd have kept giving a bottle longer if she still wanted it. I wouldn't be concerned about even a 2 year old having one bottle and drinking it quickly, and having their teeth brushed after.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->