When should I tell my 16yr old daughter?

Irishmum1982

Reaction score
Hi
I am 9 weeks and already have a beautiful 16 year old from a different relationship, and my Oh has a 11 year old girl from an old relationship. We have a son (4) together and are a happy little family, (well as happy as you can be with hormones and toddler) I am quite worried about telling my 16yr old as we are so close and the two younger are crazier than her, and she has said before she doesn't want any more brothers or sisters, I know she would except it but I am unsure when to tell her, is sooner better or should I wake till the 12week mark
I know strange combination of a family but I have to say I love all three of them and am sure this little baby will bring us even closer ❤️❤️❤️❤️
Thanking in advance for any advise

I am sorry this is stressing you out. It really is when you feel is the most comfortable time to tell, I couldn't even begin to guess when would be a good time for you. I don't think it would hurt to tell her sooner rather than later if you think she will be a positive support system.

My son is 15, and I have been pretty upfront with him that we were trying to conceive. He literally figured out the next day that I was pregnant. I was going to wait until the second trimester, but he ended up asking me about it. I was in an amazing mood that day, and had said so, and then my husband oh-so subtly put the pregnancy test box down on the kitchen table. :dohh: My son saw it, got embarrassed, and covered it with a bicycle helmet, lol. He then asked me later if I was pregnant.

He is very happy about it, but that is his nature. Had I been more careful, though, I would have waited until I was in the second trimester before telling him.

Oh that's so nice to hear, yes my daughter has a very good nature and thankfully is so quiet and not a typical wild teenager so she might be fine and I will have worried for nothing!! I will have to tell her sooner rather than later as I don't want others telling her and I am putting on quite a bit of weight already 😭😭😭😭
Congrats to you as well xxxx when are you due xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"