When should i test?? Plz need help

Trying111

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I had a miscarriage 30th of June, i was about 5weeks. It was a natural miscarriage and i stopped bleeding on 11th of July which is nearly 3 weeks. I had my last period around 22nd of May. As soon as the miscarriage bleeding stopped we started TTC.. My HCG was Zero. Also to mention i have POC. I have no idea when my periods should arive or when i ovulated. I have been taking Pregnancy tests like crazy lol... (all negative)

When should i be testing? Am i testing tooo early?

Anyone can help?

Thanks so much

Well, I don't know what you're doing to keep track of your cycles. I would probably consider the 11th the beginning of your cycle, so you could test around the 11th of August and hopefully that would be enough time to get an accurate test result. If you're temping, you could test after 18 days of elevated temps. If you're doing OPKs, you would be able to tell when your body is getting ready to ovulate. I have ICs here at home, so I can test pretty much whenever I want and not feel worried about the money wasted on tests. So if you get a positive OPK, I would do a IC to double check and make sure it's not pregnancy, and just keep BDing. Please let me know if that makes any sense. Good luck!

Hi, thank you so much for replying. I have no idea how temping works and what i need. I also dont know what opk is. Sorry that was my first pregnancy and it just happened. We didnt plan it. After the loss i just want that feeling bad and so sad :(

Any help will be great. thank u

Your period should come around 4-6 weeks after your micsarriage. So if you mc on 30th June you should be expecting it any time really, unless you normally have long cycles.

If you want to track ovulation you can use OPKs - Ovulation Predictor Kits - they are strips you test your pee with once a day and they detect LH, the hormone which surges just before ovulation. However apparently they are not so good for people with PCOS as you tend to have high LH levels anyway. Temping is where you take your resting body temp with a thermometer every morning - after ovulation your body temp rises, so by plotting the temps on a graph you can see when your temp rises and so when ovulation happened.

I'd recommend reading through the help on the Fertility Friend website - it's fantastic and you can chart your temps on there, keep a record of your cycle dates, record your symptoms and cervical mucus etc.

If you're totally new to fertility awareness i recommend FF's charting course, I did it when I first started TTC and it really helped. It all seems complicated at first but once you know the basics it's quite simple. It's a free email course that starts with the basics and emails you every day for about 2 weeks with a new lesson. Register here: https://www.fertilityfriend.com/courses/

other helpful links:

Fertility Friend FAQs - explains all about charting and other fertility signs: https://www.fertilityfriend.com/Faqs/

Help for people charting with PCOS - https://www.fertilityfriend.com/Faqs/Fertility-Charting-with-PCOS---Polycystic-Ovary-Syndrome.html

Good luck! x

Hi there, thanks so much for your help, i will be looking at all the links and try to gain as much as i can. I tested this morning and it came negative :( ... Do you think it should have shown up if i was going to be pregnant this cycle by now?

Unfortunately if you don't know when you ovulated you'll have to wait - if you only ovulated say 2 or 3 weeks ago it'd be too early for a positive test. Give it another week and if no AF, test again. It's crappy just waiting I know! Good luck :flower:

thanks! i just posted the same question in another thread b4 i read this lol..

Well i stopped bleeding about 3 weeks ago so i couldnt have ovulated before then. I have been reading a lot of posts and some ppl test 5 days after ovulation?

You probably don't even have implantation 5 days after ovulation. It's usually 6-12 days after ovulation. After implantation is when the hCG levels start to increase in your body. So people usually test 10+ days after ovulation, when the hCG levels have increased to an amount that is detectable by a HPT.

I have a question to all you ladies so i might as well just add it to this thread. I have noticed a lot leaking in the past week. It is like water, not white but clear. What could this be? Is it ovulation but it is not eggy white, its just very clear water and it leaks. I am wet down there (sorry TMI) most the time and then there is leaking. It is not that heavy to wear a pad or something but it does go on my under wear. Anyone else experienced this after miscarriage??

thanks for all your help

To me, it sounds like wet CM, which could either be a sign that ovulation is coming, or a sign that AF is coming. My CM usually goes creamy to wet to EWCM, but everyone is different. Some people never get to the eggwhite stage, so wet is their most fertile CM. Then, a couple of days before AF, I have noticed another patch of wet CM up until it starts. It's hard to know for sure, CM is just one of the clues that I use to tell me where I am in my cycle. Some people also get increased CM right before their BFP. So all I can really say is that I doubt it's something to worry about. It's normal, either way, but it's hard to say exactly what it means.

Hi hun, I'm in a similar situation as you except my m/c was a little later and shorter, from July 14-17... I've been doing a lot of reading on this and it seems a lot of people say that with very early m/c's, the first day of your bleeding can be thought of as day 1 in your cycle - others say it's impossible to know when you ovulate after m/c without testing..? Ovulation is most likely going to be 2-4 weeks after m/c and since we m/c-ed early and HCG returned to 0 so quickly, I think [hope!] it's more likely to ovulate at around 2 weeks like in a normal cycle.

Frustrating because all we can do is wait!!! I'd keep taking home tests every 3 days or so with FMU - I plan to start doing that in another week [depends how long I can wait!]

Also, I had the same sort of discharge over the weekend, today there's less..?

Here's to hoping we'll be seeing some BFPs soon!!!!! :winkwink: Lots of luck!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->