When they want stuff you know nothing about

motherofboys

Reaction score
They know what they mean when they write the list, you sneak the list away and type it into amazon, 20 variants come up. Ahhhh!
Ds1 knows it's me buying, but if I ask which specific one it is he wants he'll know he's getting it, which will in turn give away the fact that he is getting the ps4 he has been desperate for since last Christmas.
This is almost as bad as ds2 saying "surprises"!!

Maybe have a friend talk about getting their kid/nephew friend one in earshot then say there's more than one? And say maybe DS would know what's the best one..

I'll probably just ask my nephew. Its a game for Ps4 but there's all different editions, and he has some already but on xbox so I don't know if he wants a newer version or what. My nephew is 21 and the gaming guru as far as my boys are concerned so if he says it then it'll be right :haha:

I have it pretty easy with my DD1 as me and OH are tech-heads anyway, and she's good at describing things she (seriously) wants. In great depth of detail too. What is it that he's after?

An assassins creed game. On his list it just says Assassins Creed. He's almost 11 so he knows what he wants, it's just that I don't know which one it is. They all seem to be set in different times, and so it's not so much a matter of even getting the latest one but rather the one set in the time period that interests him the most out of those he doesn't have.

Oh God, I'm dreading computer game stuff.

At the moment Lucas asks for stuff he knows doesn't exist because "Father Christmas will just get the elves to make it" :dohh:

An assassins creed game. On his list it just says Assassins Creed. He's almost 11 so he knows what he wants, it's just that I don't know which one it is. They all seem to be set in different times, and so it's not so much a matter of even getting the latest one but rather the one set in the time period that interests him the most out of those he doesn't have.

Ah yeah that makes it a lot trickier! It can only be one of these though out of the entire collection. 360/PS4 release - AS II, Revelations or Black Flag. Unless he wants the newer (only on PS4/XBO) French, Chinese, Victorian, Sikh or October Rev. So that's wiped a few off the list lol.

Play dumb with him, ask him why does he want Assassin's Creed when he already has it on xbox ;)

I know he definitely has black flag because I tried to convince them I used to be a pirate because I knew all the sea shanties hahaha

Kate, some of the things he wants he has written (if they exist) next to, but that's because he knows it's me. My friends daughter is terrible for asking for really obscure stuff or things that don't exist.

At the moment Lucas asks for stuff he knows doesn't exist because "Father Christmas will just get the elves to make it" :dohh:

I've had that this year, which has led to me commissioning someone to make a Ms Frizzle doll from the old American science TV show, the magic school bus. :dohh: She watches it on Netflix, but as it's old, there's very little merchandise and she's desperate for a doll!

I've had that this year, which has led to me commissioning someone to make a Ms Frizzle doll from the old American science TV show, the magic school bus. :dohh: She watches it on Netflix, but as it's old, there's very little merchandise and she's desperate for a doll!

Oh wow, post a pic if you can, I love the magic school bus :D

I usually will ask someone who I know has more knowledge of the topic than myself, for example:

My 9-year-old has asked for Pokemon cards, she wants to play the actual card game with her friends. There are about a bajillion "starter sets", I have no idea which is actually a good value for the money. And should I get her booster packs to go with it too to flesh out the deck? Is it one or those card game systems where it's necessary to purchase boosters regularly to stay up to date if you want to play a decent game or is a core/starter set just as good for beginners? I have no idea having never played it myself. I think I'll either ask some of my gamer friends if they have any knowledge about this or end up stopping by the gaming store and asking the employees there, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->