When to announce pregnancy?

I think 12 weeks but some close family members maybe sooner.

Thanks for all the congratulations :) we're
So excited. We've got our scan in the next few weeks, I've also got a midwife appointment next week :)

I think we might wait till around Christmas time to tell extended family and then maybe wait till the new year to announce things on Facebook.

Happy & healthy nine months to all :) xx

I'm waiting until I'm 13+1 so I'll be in my second tri. Family already know as do my bosses. I'm having the harmony test done and want to know everything's fine until I tell anyone else.

Congrats on your baby xx

Congratulations!!! I think when you tell is completely your choice. I have friends who tell when they get BFP. I have friends who tell when they find the sex! Most of my friends have told between 12-14 weeks. I also have friends who wait till 8 weeks to tell or even 16! It's ALL good! With all 3 of my pregnancies, I've told my side of the family right away. My partner's relatives have to wait until when we decide to tell our friends because they choose not to be close with us or support us in anything we do. With our first, we told everyone at 6 weeks. With my second, at 12 1/2 weeks because someone blabbed - I was gonna wait till 14 weeks! With our third, at almost 9 weeks! Strange, right? I just wait until I feel comfortable and confident with the pregnancy, and then I tell out of excitement! With my second, I was terrified, as you can tell by how long I waited. But, I didn't think it was okay to get pregnant so close together. Now, I know better. ;) Congratulations, and good luck with your decisions!!

Congratulations!!! I think when you tell is completely your choice. I have friends who tell when they get BFP. I have friends who tell when they find the sex! Most of my friends have told between 12-14 weeks. I also have friends who wait till 8 weeks to tell or even 16! It's ALL good! With all 3 of my pregnancies, I've told my side of the family right away. My partner's relatives have to wait until when we decide to tell our friends because they choose not to be close with us or support us in anything we do. With our first, we told everyone at 6 weeks. With my second, at 12 1/2 weeks because someone blabbed - I was gonna wait till 14 weeks! With our third, at almost 9 weeks! Strange, right? I just wait until I feel comfortable and confident with the pregnancy, and then I tell out of excitement! With my second, I was terrified, as you can tell by how long I waited. But, I didn't think it was okay to get pregnant so close together. Now, I know better. ;) Congratulations, and good luck with your decisions!!

With our first pregnancy which ended in miscarriage we told our family straight away, then my sister blabbed on Facebook by commenting something or other and I had to tell and that was at 5 weeks then a week later I lost it so it was hard. I had a lot of people telling me how sorry they were, it upset me more if that makes sense. I really want to wait this time around to make sure everything is okay before we go ahead and tell everybody our happy news :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->