When to do more solids?

Sarah88

Full time working mummy
Reaction score
So savannah started solids tonight, and she took fabulously to them. But i'm wondering when she can go on to two meals a day?

I'm not with her during the day though... She has her solids at tea time coz I don't want to miss out on the fun of it, an she's at day care during the day.

with maddi we spent a good few weeks on one meal per day, then moved too two meals a day, and eventually 3! slowly seemed to work well for us, and we didn't start till just after 6months. i would say go with your instincts honey x

I started Lola on some baby cereal at 4 1/2 months and at over 5 months we went to 2 meals a day and veggies.
Slowly getting her used to it with just one spoon of veg puree mixed with cereal.

If she started on it only yesterday maybe get her acostumed to it first then move on...basicly when you feel she is ready.

well Renah's only on cereal and only 2 days into sweet potato because I'm trying not to push it. But she had 1 tsp of cereal once a day for 3 weeks and now I'm giving her 1tsp of potato and 1 tsp of cereal.

at her age you can move a bit quicker through weaning.... by 6 months they cand have several meals etc a day.

Thanks Ryder, thats what I thought. She had poato an a bit of pumpkin last night. Wasn't too keen on the pumpkin, lol.

we weaned around the same time....Hannah had already been on one meal a day for two months so we introduced breakfast and than a week later introduced lunch and two snacks :) It went pretty quick and was fairly easy. Hannah's always loved her solids :lol:

So I just picked Savannah up from day care today and she only had like 160ml all day! 50ml/60ml each feed. Is this a sign of needing solids during the day as well? If so it's an awfully quick transition since she only just started last night...

So I just picked Savannah up from day care today and she only had like 160ml all day! 50ml/60ml each feed. Is this a sign of needing solids during the day as well? If so it's an awfully quick transition since she only just started last night...

with you saying this i am correct in thinking you mean thats less milk? That's probbaly because she is full from the solids last night rather than wanting more solids, remember her tummy is only tiny.

I fihured out it's coz she's sick. She's actually gotten worse with her cold, she barely ate last night and no solids. Meant a sleepless night but I don't have anything on today cept for lots of cuddles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->