When to do the Hospital Tour

momofadane

Reaction score
I live in the USA and I am supposed to do the hospital tour. Does anyone know when your supposed to schedule this?? I don't want to wait too late or do it too early!

For us it's part of the antenatal classes. I think mine is a week on saturday when I'll be 33 weeks.

Mine is also part of our baby class which is tonight. They told me that they like scheduling pregnant women after 28 weeks for the class/tour (I signed up about 2 months ago.) But in our hospital, you can schedule a tour by itself at any time.

Thanks ladies... Im sure if I call they will let me know when to come in.

Needed to know this as well. I am not taking classes so I have no idea when to do it. Guess I will ask my doc tomorrow at my apt. x

Needed to know this as well. I am not taking classes so I have no idea when to do it. Guess I will ask my doc tomorrow at my apt. x

Im not either, I remember my doctor mentioned I will need a tour, but I don't remember when she said :wacko:

Im not either, I remember my doctor mentioned I will need a tour, but I don't remember when she said :wacko:

Here we also have to take an epidural class. If you dont take it you dont get one. Which is weird then if you didnt and you have to have a c-section do they knock you out then? Idk so stupid.

My doctor gave me a piece of paper to schedule it at my last appointment which was a week ago. I still need to schedule it, but for me, it is separate from the classes

We did it around 25 weeks, but took our birthing class at 32 weeks and they gave us the tour then as well. Usually its part of the class, if you decide to take it.

I signed up 4 weeks prior to my due date and then we decided to take the child preparation class. It's a 3 part class and the tour is on the last night. I'm sure you can who whenever you feel comfortable but give yourself enough time in case you go early or something.

Here you can do it as part of a class, or call anytime and schedule a tour, no problem. Most people here tend to do them in the last couple months.

Question...

What's a hospital tour?

Why do u need a tour of the hospital ? What do they show u?

Sorry just no idea what everyone is on about

Question...

What's a hospital tour?

Basically if you have never had a birth there before or never been to the hospital before. Which I am new here so Ive never even stepped foot into the hospital thank God. I want to see what everything looks like and if you have the baby in the same room as recovery. What the visitor guidelines are and any questions you have for the nurse. Just to get more familiarized with your surrounds before just showing up.

i toured the hospital at like 25 weeks i think.. i dont recommend waiting until you are too far along because all the walking can be uncomfortable!!

I did mine at 36 weeks, made me feel ready for baby to be here

Question...

What's a hospital tour?

It a nice way for you to see where your going to give birth & be able to ask questions. I'm going to give birth at a woman's center, which is dedicated to the care of women & infants. They have individual suites and offer water therapy, massage, music therapy etc all to make the experience more enjoyable. They also do pre-admission so you're paperwork is already done once it's go time.

Thanks ladies ... Sorry I am at a country hospital which is like a big square with not very many rooms at all and my mw is there so she just took me the 20metre walk to show me lol...

That's a good idea ... If u never been there before I'd imagine it would be really uncomfortable to give birth there.

We were meant to be finished our classes last week but the army sent hubby away so they rescheduled us for when he got back. We have one class at 38 weeks and our last class and hospital tour 2 days before he is due! Haha!

I found out today we call the hospital and schedule it anytime we want. =) Im going to do mine at the end of June beginning of July. I already have 3 appointments in June just by visiting the doctors today. Lol

OMG thank you for posting this. I COMPLETELY forgot to book my hospital tour. I meant to book it a month ago. It's now booked for the 9th and I'll be 38 weeks. I hope I can manage the walking!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->