When to do tummy time?

Night Flower

Reaction score
Our baby is 7 weeks old and I cant seem to find when would be a great time for tummy time.

She nurses constantly and does sleep on her tummy on me throughout the day and sometimes several hours at night.

She is now having about 1 hour wakefulness after feedings several times throughout the day. But I've tried placing her on her tummy on the floor and she doesnt like it too much. She loves being put in a sitting position with mama on the couch while she looks around and smiles and makes baby noises. But once on the floor she just gets so upset.

How do you other breastfeeding mothers do it?

Our baby has great neck muscles already. She can hold her head up pretty much on her own right now. Kicks and moves pretty well. Is tummy time on the floor really needed?

Any tummy time counts so on you or or your lap is fine. But it is good to get used to the floor too ready for rolling and crawling later. U cud try rolling onto front after nappy changing just briefly. Or lying with baby on floor so they can see you. You can never have too much awake tummy time it's so important for their motor development

Mine didn't like it either but I still tried to fit it in each day I got the idea to do it on his changing pad after each change for a few minutes that way I knew u was getting it in and it was easy to remember to do then

We've never done much tummy time with either of ours, but we wear them in slings which strengthens the same core muscles, as well as allowing plenty of general floor time. Also, tummy to tummy with you is still tummy time. Basically anything that's not strapped in place on their back will help them to figure out how their body works.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->