When to get an upright bath seat?

aimee-lou

Totally Outnumbered!!
Reaction score
When did you put your LO into a bath seat (the circular support ones that keep them sat up)? Is 5 months ok? Earl is 21 weeks and is soooooo keen to sit up, I feel cruel making him lie down the whole time.

i put harrison in his at 6 months when he was sitting up on his own, they are great, just have to watch them sliding forward and banging/trapping their widgies

They're supposed to be sitting unaided... Could you not use a non slip mat and prop him between your legs in the meantime?

Earl is very good at sitting up on is own, he's just at that horrible stage where he can happily sit up but as soon as he goes to reach for anything the whole of him goes lol. Poor thing lol. I may get it in ready and try him out in it, but keep him laid down for the time being. Was tempted to try to make one out of towels lol.

Brady is at that stage too hun but is fine in his seat. The only thing is, Brady loves to splash and it's not all that easy in the seat and it's difficult to get them all washed in it. I generally start with him in it, wash his back and chest then take him out so I get to everything else and he can go mad.

Phoebe will not lie in the bath, so I put her bumbo in the bath, fill the bath until the water just comes into the seat and pop her in! I'm not sure this is the correct use of a bumbo but it works. Bumbo seems fine too. We have the proper bath seat waiting but she is still to small and can't support herself!

As he is bigger he might cope with the bath seat already - or you could support his back with something like a blow up bath pillow?

I put Alfie in his for the first time last night, he was absolutely fine. I kept hold of him to just be extra safe but he can sit fine by himself. He is almost 5 months x He loved it :)

we pur Hannah in it the week before she was 6months

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->