When to get in touch after loss?

youngmamttc

My family is complete
Reaction score
Girls the solider that died yesterday was my daughters biological father and I'm totally at a loss! I have no idea what to feel or if there's a wrong way to be feeling. I'm in a relationship with someone else now and my daughters real dad didnt see her in nearly 3 years but before that I was in an on off relationship with him for a long time. He was a huge part of my life for 5 years and my first serious relationship and well... I'm just so confused with a mix of emotions . His parents don't see my daughter but now I'm not sure if they'll come looking for her because he was an only child so she'll be there only grandchild. Not sure why I'm writing this just need to get it all off my chest. I don't think she knows how to find us and seen as he's an only child she'll be her only grandchild so I'm wondering how long I should leave before getting in touch and letting her know the doors always open for her to meet her grandchild? I don't want to intrude on her grief xx I should add she shares his last name and he's listed on her birth certificate as he was a part of her life for a short while xx

I don't really know what to say but I'm sorry :-( I do think you should get in touch with them ASAP though to give your condolences xx

Oh honey,

How horrible :-(

I'd send a With Sympathy card with a little note saying the doors open etc soon.
It may offer them some comfort in this tough time to know the doors open for them

I'm so sorry, must be a very confusing time for you. Seeing as your daughter is the only link to their son, I think they may want to get in touch.

I would send them a card saying how sorry you are for their loss and just tell them that the door is always open.

I don't think you need to worry about how long to leave it, I don't think it is inappropriate to do it straight away if that's what you choose to do x

Agree with the others, a card of condolences with not about an open door to visit lo would be appropriate at any time, and I'm sure they'd greatly aprreciate your thoughts and prayers. That's a really hard situation. I'm sorry you are going through it:(

So sorry :hugs:
I agree I don't think there is a wrong time or too soon to get in touch. A card with a little note in letting them know the doors open would be fine. They can then chose wether to get in touch straight away or leave it a while, whenever it's comfortable for them. xx

I am so sorry :hugs:

I agree with the previous posters that a sympathy card would be a good idea with a note on it saying your door is open :hugs:

So sorry, what an awful tragedy and confusing situation for you.

I agree with the others. A handwritten note ina card will mean a lot to her I am sure. I don't think you are intruding on her grief at all. Quite the opposite, I think your words will be extremely supportive to her.

Xx

So sorry :hugs: I agree that a sympathy card with a note is a good idea xx

So sad. This must be a really hard time for you even though you've another partner I can't imagine how you still must feel

I'd send a card and let them know if and when they're ready the doors open for contact xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->