When to give finger foods?

Sarah88

Full time working mummy
Reaction score
Savannah is 6mths 1wk now, been on solids for a month or so. I'm just wondering when they can have finger foods, like rusks and all?

You could try now, see if she is ready. I'm sure it wouldn't hurt to try and every now and again, its good practise for them, just keep a real close eye on her if you do as it can take a while for them to get the hang of chew, then swallow !

I'm trying some - she's not especially interested but I'm still giving them ago every now and then. Mainly when we have something suitable - I just let her have some and she tends to play with it.

I give Jasmine a rusk to play with every once in awhile.

I gave courtney a gluten free rusk when she was 5months 5 day... she took to it very well... now she has toast and sandwhiches, shes very good with finger foods!!

She has breadsticks too sometimes and shes so funny!

Ive given max finger foods since hes 6 months old , took some practice but he got the hang of it

She puts it right in and sucks it and mainly eats bits of the soft flesh and the juice with the pips in. We were having caprese salad and I just gave her a bit of tomato off my plate. I just tend to give her what we're having if it's softish and easy to hold.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->