When to have lining measured?

G

Gingersnaps

Hi,
Does anyone know what cycle day (days) are best to have your lining measured? I want to get it done next cycle so will try to book an appt for the correct dpo.

It depends on what you're trying to accomplish. Typically, drs. verify how thick your lining is after you've ovulated. Peak time is about halfway through your luteal. So if have a 14-day luteal and 14-day follicular- then measurements most important on Day 21 (14 FP + 7 days LP).

I personally believe its better to measure before ovulation this way if its too thin estrogen can be taken to help increase the lining. if your measuring after ovulation and its too thin there is really nothing that can be done at that point. I know how frustrating it is to conceive and have it not stick due to a thin lining.

I personally believe its better to measure before ovulation this way if its too thin estrogen can be taken to help increase the lining. if your measuring after ovulation and its too thin there is really nothing that can be done at that point. I know how frustrating it is to conceive and have it not stick due to a thin lining.

You're right. It really takes the both. People don't really realize that there's some preliminary lining re-surfacing done after your period before you ovulate which lays the foundation for the thickening to even happen. So, in this case, measurement should be done after your period, but before ovulation. For a typical 13-16 FP, then Day 10-14 should cut it. Look at this very helpful picture.

https://www.gardenoffertility.com/images/cycle3.gif​

I'll go ahead and add that this past cycle in which I got my :bfp:, I also ate as much estrogen-inducing foods as I could before my Ov and also took siberian ginseng during the days leading up to my Ov. Here's a sample of a helpful list: https://dogtorj.tripod.com/id45.html EDIT: But, I did it because I felt my lining needed a bit of buttressing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->