When to introduce Breastmilk in a bottle...

Izzie74

Reaction score
I have to go back to work for a week at the beginning of July. Lo will be 6 months on the 17th, so still taking Breastmilk. I have been expressing and freezing a supply, but haven't actually given her a bottle since she was two weeks old. How soon should I reintroduce it? I'm expressing at 8am at the moment. Was planning on expressing twice in June, freezing one and feeding her one. Would this affect my supply? When would you do the second express? How much milk do you think I should have frozen to last a week. I'm averaging about 120ml/5oz a day and currently have 24 bags.

I would try giving her a bottle asap. I put it off with my first daughter and she refused bottles. It was hellish on the times I needed her to take one. She would scream herself into exhaustion.

I agree. Give a bottle asap. And give at least one bottle a day. Some babies are picky about the type of nipples they like, esp breastfed babies, so you may have to try different kinds of nipples. The old school Playtex latex nipples worked for us.

I agree, get her on the bottle asap. Don't worry about your supply with additional expressing - your body will adjust quickly x

Definitely old enough by 6 months and probably fine now, doidy cup, cheapo tommee tipee without a valve.
Or check out the reviews https://m.babygearlab.com/Transition-Sippy-Reviews

I know that's specific to the US but I'm sure they're pretty standard everywhere.

Xz

Omg I've got a screamer. The only time she does scream and its when she has a bottle in her mouth. She started so well, but is now point blank refusing to even try...25 days til I go back to work. Must keep trying, but I hate that she gets so upset :cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->