When to phone the hospital??

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by Squashy_12, Jun 5, 2011.

1. Squashy_12

Squashy_12 new mummy :0)

I was getting ready for bed last night when i realised id lost abit of blood, along with the pluggy mucus stuff.
    I went to bed not thinking anything of it and was woken at about 2am with severe cramps.
    Since about 3am i have been having regular contractions every 3/4 mins last about 40/50 seconds.
    My waters havent gone yet..i no thats common but was wondering when i should phone the hospital?

2. pingunootnoot

pingunootnoot Well-Known Member

I think you're better off giving the hosp. a ring now, just to be sure. Good luck!

3. Starglow

Starglow Well-Known Member

This is what I've been told from nct and nhs courses. The show/ mucas plug comes out without much extra bleeding. It looks like bloody snot. If there's bleeding along with it you should contact the hospital who will most likely bring you in. They can check you over then. X

4. m0mmyCool

m0mmyCool Me, OH, and our 2 boys.

The exact same thing happened to me last year and I called the hospital right away. I got told to come in and found out I was 3-4cm. My son was born about 5 hours later.