when to remove belly button bar?

buttonnose82

Wife & Mummy
Reaction score
I have a bar in my belly button but want to take it out before i get a bump

will it close up quickly?

i am just wondering when i should take it out

you do get jewelry suitable for pierced bellys when preg. Made from PTFE :) most piercing studios sell them... you can get them online too :) They are very flexible and will suit for when the bump expands. Other than that it depends on your body how long it will take to heal. I have some piercings that I took out over 9 months ago and some of them will not heal, some heal right away

:hugs:

I would take it out when you start to find it a bit uncomfortable. Whether it will close up or not depends on how long you have had it done, I have had mine since I was 17 and I took out while pregnant at 22. It went straight back in afterwards so I think it depends x

Shoooooot! I never thought of that! Man I will miss my bellybar if I have to take it out. I have had it 10years now.

i've had mine done for 8 years, i have seen you can get bars for pregnancy but i really don't know if i want to keep it when pregnant hehe

I used to worry about this! lol
I'll defo be gettin a belly bar for preggars people = ]

xx

I will miss mine but it will go as soon as I find out we are expecting.

As for closing up, I had mine in for about 5 years and it came out one night whilst I was out and I didnt notice till 3am and it was closed already! It hurt like HELL getting it re-done so I wont be going there after a baby came along!

xxx

Mine is still open and I took it out a week after I found out I was pregnant, almost 3 months ago now. Didn't need to, just chose to, I will see if it goes back in after baby is born and if not I may get it re-done again.

I got a pregnancy rubber belly bar which was fab! I changed over from the metal one when I was about 10 weeks pregnant and kept my rubber one in until about 2 months after id had Lucy and my belly had gone down.

I took mine out by about 10wks it's now closed up but wouldn't have it back in even if it hadn't due to the mess my son made of my belly (well worth it though)

I took mine out when i was preg with my 1st and put it back in after i had my second lo it was out about 4 years and went back in when i tried recently x

I haven't got a belly bar, but I do have "other" piercings... anyone know if they do the pregnancy ones for that too??

I've been wondering about my belly bar too. I've had my piercing for around 11 years now and - as I've put on about two stone since then and it no longer gets shown off - frankly I'm only still leaving it in at the moment as I worry the scar/hole is going to look yukky.

I'm thinking I will take mine out once I get a BFP and then it will stay out for good.

"I haven't got a belly bar, but I do have "other" piercings... anyone know if they do the pregnancy ones for that too??"

If its a clitoral piercing it may not cause you any problems during your pregnancy though some women find it becomes uncomfortable.

One reason for this is that increased blood flow to the pelvic area can cause your genitals to become kinda swollen.

When it comes to the time to give birth they will ask you to remove them though. This is because of the risk of it getting caught during the birth or of that area tearing.

:hugs:

i took mine out about 7 months (when i started really showing), and i got a stretch mark above the top hole.

Hey Babystar - you seem to be the resident expert on piercings (think I read once that you were a piercer, right?). I'm worried about my nipple piercings. I'm absolutely dred losing these because I want to breastfeed and I know I'll never have the guts to get them done again... I've had them for 10 years now. How soon should I take them out before breastfeeding, do you think I'll have any complications trying to breasfeed and is there any chance in hell they won't close completely so I can have them still once I'm done BFing? :rofl:

i've already taken mine out, and i've got years before i ttc!!

one of my friends had her belly button pierced, and when she was pregnant, the hole stretched and she had a stretchmark going up from the hole and across her stomach, and it looked really weird... i took mine out the day after i saw it.

saying that though, several of my other friends had belly peircings when they were pregnant and theirs were fine so i'm probably just being paranoid!

Hey Babystar - you seem to be the resident expert on piercings (think I read once that you were a piercer, right?). I'm worried about my nipple piercings. I'm absolutely dred losing these because I want to breastfeed and I know I'll never have the guts to get them done again... I've had them for 10 years now. How soon should I take them out before breastfeeding, do you think I'll have any complications trying to breasfeed and is there any chance in hell they won't close completely so I can have them still once I'm done BFing? :rofl:

I've had my nipples pierced 3 times in the past, twice because I had babies, and once for a different reason. Breast feeding was no prob at all for me, but in my case the holes DID close up before I was ready to put my rings back in, which is why I had them redone (and THAT wasn't as bad ad I'd remembered either!)

Thanks Nerys! I think I'm too big a wuss to ever get them done again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->