When to seek help for morning sickness (UK)

new_mummy

Reaction score
I have had all-day nausea with vomiting about 5-6 times per day for the past 1.5 weeks. I haven't lost any weight but don't weigh very much to begin with, I think I'm about 7 stone 9 at the moment. I am able to keep some fluids down but feel dreadful all the time. I know there are many women suffering more than that, but I'm just wondering when it is deemed serious enough to contact a GP or midwife? Thanks

You could try your gp now. They may offer you either metaclopramide or cyclizine if you are in any way dehydrated. Normally they give meds if you're dehydrated and have ketones in your urine. It doesn't hurt to ask though

I am in the same position as you and have been to the dr already, been prescribed Buccastem which worked but turned me into a zombie and now Stemetil which stops some of the sickness but I am a lot more awake. I have had this with all 3 of my pregnancys and it can assure you it's best to go to the dr sooner rather than later x :hugs:

It's never too early I was prescribed anti sickness meds at just over 4weeks. Make an appointment with gp and if they do nothing call and ask to speak to a midwife or see a different GP for a second opinion. I only say this as first GP I saw (a bloke about 12) in out of hours surgery told me morning sickness was normal plenty of woman get it and I'd just have to get on with it. At this point I hadn't eaten or kept fluids down for 4days. Rang midwife next day told her and was admitted to hospital via a&e that day. Don't let anyone make you feel like your over reacting! Hope you feel better soon x

Thanks so much. I have been reluctant to see anyone till now because I thought they'd just tell me to stop complaining, go away, and get on with it! But considering seeing my GP now. I just feel dreadful all the time and I'm not able to function especially with a 2 year old to look after. :( I don't believe I'm actually dehydrated but it can't hurt to ask for some meds or something. Thank you xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->