When to start buyin??

Umm.. Personally I don't think people should be ttc when they have no money. Don't really see why I should be saving and working so they can try, but heyho. Such is life.

Good luck on the job interview. Tempting as it is, I would try and wait to start buying just in case. good luck ttc.

i can see your point, but you and other people are payin their taxes for worse people like people who cant be bothered to work etc so surley wantin a child isnt that worse??
x

thanks for all your views, we live in our own place and we dont need nothing here. were we live we get it very very cheep, all we pay is our gas and our food and our bits like deodorant so we have loads of money left over to support a LO

x

I didn't get much until after my baby shower because I got lots of stuff that I needed from that which was about 2-3 months before my due date. I had bought some really cute clothes along the way (just a few things that I had to have). You can certainly start painting and setting the crib up and start when you feel it's right, because it's better to be done with it a bit early so your not worrying. Also wait on things they wont need for a while until after they are born (like we didn't get a jumperoo until Kathryn was 4 months old, didn't get the high chair until just a week ago, etc.) cause if you get it early, it'll just sit there taking up space. I suggest making an online registry, like @ babiesrus.com that way you can easily organize what you think you need and also be able to add/remove items whenever you like, and it's a great way for people to get you gifts, so your not getting 2 of everything, they can go see what you need/want. Hope that was helpful, good luck.

Umm.. Personally I don't think people should be ttc when they have no money. Don't really see why I should be saving and working so they can try, but heyho. Such is life.

Good luck on the job interview. Tempting as it is, I would try and wait to start buying just in case. good luck ttc.

i can see your point, but you and other people are payin their taxes for worse people like people who cant be bothered to work etc so surley wantin a child isnt that worse??
x

Personally, I think it is worse for several reasons;
- If you dont have the ability to look after yourselves (which finantially they dont) why would you bring a baby into that situation
- Whilst I dont like the term, it increases the 'burden on the state' as they will need to be housed, plus their benefits will increase.

We all want babies, desperately. But we wait so we can give the best to our kids and afford to look after them. Why the hell are we waiting so that people like your friends can just have a baby whenever they like without caring about the reprocussions?

The benefits system is there to look after the most needy. Not just people who cant be bothered to work to do whatever they like. They should get jobs and want to better their lives, then have a LO when they can truly look after them.

It pisses me off, Im not going to sugercoat it, but quite frankly it doesnt matter what I say does it. People will do what they are going to do. If you get pregnant and need help then fair enough, but to ttc when you cannot afford to look after your own needs is selfish.

Ditto Drazic.

It really pisses me off that the programs that are supposed to help people in need don't actually go to help people who need a little bit of short term help - but rather women who keep popping out kids to get a bigger welfare check and druggies.

:dust:
Good Luck TTC BubbaMad!

To answer the original question :) - I bought a couple of cute gender neutral things that I wanted for either a boy or girl almost right away. A few boy-specific things after finding out the sex - then for the rest waited till after the baby shower.

thanks for that deazic.. im not sure if people red my post before hand right.. they already have a place to live and wont need to be re housed lol! their parents bought her her own place for her 20th birthday lol i think she can do it and any one can do it if their willing to sacrifice it

x

their still on benefits, and still abusing the system which is their for the most needy. EVEN MORE SO if they have their own home.

I did answer your other question, fairly and honestly and with a good will message. If you don't want someones opinion on other matters then don't ask for it, just ask for a generic reply. It will save you getting all contorted in the long run.

I totally agree with drazic. If you're able to work, then work. I understand jobs are scarce at the moment, but that is a reason to wait.

Relying on tax payers money is not fair, to be brutally honest they're lazy. There are plenty of couples who work, yes they may be on low wages, but they work. What kind of message is that sending to a child? "oh don't worry, we'll get benefits".

For those on low income, there's tax credits, so there is help there.

It really angers me tbh. I work in a shitty job, low wage and I'm waiting cause I want the BEST life I can give for my baby. So why should some one else, who can't be arsed to work have a baby?! It's irresponsible and incredibly selfish.

I SO agree, we are trying to do things the 'right' way, for all the exact opposite reasons, going to uni, getting in debt and paying it all back working hard. Cant help but feel aggrieved really, its so unfair.

bubbamad09- i do understand what you mean by a job etc as its very very hard ive just found a job since being made redundent in feb! and ive only had 1 interview thats how bad it is! i see it as if u have got a roof over your head heating etc then do it.. i mean is their ever a time to have a child?.. i get the impreshion that she is wantin to work badly and im sure she will have time to get a job well intime before the baby comes.. my friend done it and she managed to get all the babys stuff and a flat and a new car with only her partners wage! so yes bubbamad09 it is possible and you should do it! as long as its not to just get benifits etc!

hope it goes ok hunnie xXx *huggggggggggsssssssss*

Thank u!! I came across Bubbamad89`s profile and wished to comment on what she was saying..

i hope it happens for her soon :D

best wishes Bubbamad89

x

I never said I didnt hope it happens for her. She was talking about her 'friend', who I believe should seriously consider the fact that her and her partner are not financially independent before they rush into ttc.

Seriously... do people read threads? And even if they do, don't ask a question on the internet if you don't want a genuine answer to it.

Anyway, if she is ttc then she should move over to ttc.

Good answer Drazic

I think when young girls come on here and ask questions they get a answer which they dont like. it happens tho

People shouldn't TTC unless they have their own money, in my opinion. Regardless if they want a job or not. Thousands of women have to wait, so why shouldn't they?!

And yes, if bubbamad09 is TTC, then she should go to that forum really.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->