when to start looking for a doula

bubbles

1DS, 1DD & preggo
Reaction score
Still early days here but wondered when's the best time to start looking for a doula? obviously after the 12wk scan but is it worth doing early in 2nd tri or best to wait until closer to 3rd tri?

As early as you like! I started interviewing after 12 weeks and found the right one for us, we've had plenty of time to get to know each other etc

Any time you like. Usually doulas will see you twice antenatally as standard, but will be available to contact by phone/email when you need them. They may see you more, depending on what the two of you agree xxx

I've had a lady contact me almost as soon as she got a positive POAS! She diecided she wasnted support just as much if she didn't make it past 12 weeks as if she made it to term....

I've also had ladies contact me with only weeks (or days!) to go.... The later you leave it, the more you run the risk that they might not be available around your EDD, so earlier is better.

I've been booked at 8wks, 41wks and everywhere in between. I guess what might be worth looking at is how many doulas cover your area and when you're due ie is it holiday time etc. if you want to be able to give yourself the most possible options to be able to find exactly the right fit for you, then dont be afraid to make contact as soon as you feel ready. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->