When to start weaning?

kazzzzy

Reaction score
Hi there, my DD is 28 weeks, 15 corrected & I'm just wondering when is the best time to start weaning her to solids? Here in Ireland the recommendation is now 4 months (it was 6) so by right I should be doing it now but I'm afraid its a bit soon for her, she's taking 5 x 6-7 oz of Aptimal every day no problem & is STTN so I think its a case of "if its not broken dont fix it" ! Just wondering when did ye start weaning? Thanks:thumbup:

Bliss guidelines suggest weaning between 5-7 months actual age. I followed these but weaned closer to 7 months. Although she took it no problem and I have never had any problems with textures etc if I was to do it again I would wait until she was showing signs of wanting to wean as she was on a multivitamin and iron at the time.

One consultant told me he said there is loads of opinions on weaning but nothing has been proven to be better than the other so if you want to wait a bit then do so.

Good luck

If your in no rush to wean you could look at the BLW route if you think you LO could manage it. They play more than they eat for the first month or so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->