when to sterilise ??

Chelle26

Reaction score
Hey ladies so ive washed all babys clothes im now wondering
When do I sterilise all bottles and dummys :shrug:

I would do the first time boiling now, and find a nice easy to acess cupboard for bottles.

my steriliser stated it keeps bottles sterile for 24hours if it remains unopened after sterilised so literally do when in labpur last time i set it all up and got hubby to put it on when he came to get me from hospital and i had ready made formula there to use when i got home. the bottles wont stay sterile if u do it now and just put them aeay they will need sterilising again

when baby is here. It only lasts 24 hours and thats with bottles still inside the steraliser.

i have bought a big container with a lid and sterilized that then i put my sterilized bottles and dummies etc into the container :) i am being induced on thursday :)

Are you all just sterilising dummies in with your bottles?

Lol its all so confusing lol !!!

I know! It might seem like such a basic thing to do, but I have not even thought of sterilising dummies lol! Have just started pre-washing all of my cloth nappies today too. Still have another 2 or 3 washes to go :p

With my 1st I sterilised when I got home from the hospital. We never had to supply any bottles at the hospital, just formula, so wasn't an issue there.

I just made sure she'd had a feed before we left and just put the steriliser on when I got home. We used an electric one last time so only took 10 mins (I think) so wasn't much of an issue!

Definitely not until baby is here or nearly here. It'd be a waste of time otherwise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->