• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

When to stop feeding to sleep?

Twinmum87

Mum of 3!
Reaction score
I am trying to gradually get him off of me during the day and stop feeding to sleep. In the night I have 95% cracked not feeding him to sleep when he wakes but not hungry but initially getting him down is hell without. I have been adding in a cup of milk with his morning snack and with supper. Some days he takes significantly less from me and just uses me to comfort himself to sleep, other day he will still take a decent size feed.

I am unsure if I should leave it a bit longer until he only comforts himself every day, or start trying to get him down for the nap without and see if he will start taking more milk in a cup so he won't be hungry. I am unsure if some days he just actually takes more milk because he is taking longer to drop off than because he is hungry.

Do I wait until he sleeps without at nap time before doing bed time, or try and crack both at the same time? He still takes one proper feed at some point between 12-2am and another at around 4-5am. Sometimes a little as he wakes for the day at 6-7am.

My doctor told me from day 1...if they are not eating take them off!

Its easier to break a habit sooner than later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mlzsmuzaffar
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->