When to stop sterilising baby bottles?

Natalie&Karl

Reaction score
When is best to stop sterilising baby bottles? or when did you stop? Thanks! x

i stopped after about 2 months of weaning... i gradually cut it down over a week period. i still wash Rhys bottles seperatly and with a different washing up liquid... i know hes over a year now but i cant help myself lol!

Why a different liquid? You mean a diff bottle in general or you use something other than Fairy that you use for your dishes?

Think I'd always wash her bottles seperately too inafter soaking in hot water.

I used to use a less perfumed washing up liquid for the bottles, just so they didn't have a strong smell to them. I'll probably do the same again.

I use the steriliser for about a year!

They advise to sterilise bottles upto 12 months x

Rebecca is nearly 23 months and I still sterelise :blush: Shocking I know, but with all her stomache probs etc I dont want to take any chances lol x

Natalie my HV recommends after 6 months there's no reason to sterilise xx

Why a different liquid? You mean a diff bottle in general or you use something other than Fairy that you use for your dishes?

Think I'd always wash her bottles seperately too inafter soaking in hot water.

i use Ecover washing up liquid for Rhys' bottles. Colin washes our dishes in Fairy. i also have a seperate scrubby thing ( one like you have ) for the dishes and one for rhys bottles.

Thanks everyone! Really helpful (as usual!) x

I ask because she's always putting her hands in her mouth, along with her blankets, toys and anything else she can get her hands on so was wondering whether it was worth me sterlising for much longer!

Think i'll stop soon!! x

ive stopped steralising i wash her bottles seperatley and just put the bottle in boiling water for 10 mins before making her a feed she seems to be ok she hasnt been ill

We still sterilise but only as it is just as easy to do that as it is to wash em up and put them to drain (as sterliser is next to sink).......instead we put them straight into the steriliser, nothing else barr the bottles are sterlised tho, all spoons, dished etc are straight from the cupboard and drawers. x

I was told by GP around 5months but i guess it depends how prone your bubs is to tummy bugs and things. But i think i'll stop around 6months otherwise it may be difficult for bubs to build up a good immune system if everythings always been so clean xx

I've always done it to about a year but saying that if i have forgotten it was no biggy

I still do his dummies once a week, dunno why just 'cos for lol

I don't sterilise any more. Not that they particularly take bottles (but that's another story) :roll:. Given the amount of rubbish they stick in their mouths every day, an unsterilised bottle is the least of their worries!

I washed bottles in the washing machine since day 1,never sterlised them,except for the first time before we used them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->