When to stop sterilizing?

BabyCleo

New mama to Lily-Grace
Reaction score
Hey all - What age do you no longer need to boil water or sterilize bottles in the sterilizer? I thought I read 6 months but my mum thinks its 12 months. Thanks! :thumbup:

As long as you use bottles for your baby it is better to sterilize which is good for your baby.

I only sterilize bottles in boiling water when I first buy them. Nipples I'll sterilize once a month or so unless there's been an illness. Other than that, I wash the bottles/nipples in the dishwasher.

I've never boiled water for mixing formula. DD2 will be 5 months old in two days.

6 months is the new guidelines I think, but j place in doing it until I stop using bottles.

I agree with bdb. I only did it when I got them or with a sickness. I usually let them soak in really hot water before washing with baking soda and soap but that's it!

Thanks!! I read online so many different things!!

Some people say forever, some say never, some say only with new items, here ive been doing it every time!!!

Does this go for boiling the water too?

Up until Dominic was about 3.5 months I was so fussy about sterelizing everything. Like seriously if his dummy hit the couch I'd sterelize it. As he's started to pick everything up and put it in his mouth I've become more relaxed with it. I'll do his bottles and his teats still but his teething toys and his dummy's I'm more laid back about, and if we've ran out of bottles I don't mind using an unsterelized one. I wash everything in burning hot soapy water whilst wearing gloves anyway. X

Yeah I do the same with the dummies!

I wash my bottles in super hot water so if I sterilized anything new/stuff once a month can I not do it all the time? My baby is 10 weeks old.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->