When to stop testing?

Whiteandblack

Reaction score
Hey all!

Soooo I've been holding up fairly well over the past couple weeks in terms of dealing with the typical (and some perhaps unusual) anxieties of early pregnancy. I've been doing affirmations, staying away from Google, thinking positive, all the good stuff to help me cope. And for the most part, my POAS urges have been under control (though admittedly I went a little bit apesh*t here and there, especially when I first found out).

But then this morning I used FMU on a wondfo and the line was faint. Then another, same thing. Started freaking out.

Now, I know a lot of this is probably really irrational. It's just another instance of my mind making something SEEM completely rational when in fact, it is the opposite.

My 1st prenatal appt is next Tuesday. By my calculations I'm about 7 weeks now. So my question is, when did you stop testing? I keep telling myself once I have my first appt then I'll stop for sure, but when I really boil it down, does it matter? I'm having no unusual symptoms, very mild cramping very occasionally, no spotting...basically no signs of trouble. So why do I feel the intense need to keep POAS?

Anyone else? Words of encouragement? Positive thoughts? Maybe it's the fact that the appt is getting closer, I just want it to be NOW so I can have peace of mind.

With DS1, I took one test at 5 weeks (period one week late). It showed up immediately that I was pregnant, and very strong so I never took another.

With DS2, I took two. One in the evening when I was 11 days late, same as with DS1, showed up immediately and very strong. I took one next morning just in case, same result.

All I can say is if all is well, you should be fine, but I don't know your history, any losses and what not. Have you had any blood work done yet? I had that done before my 1st appointment both times.

Wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months.

Ahhh yeah I probably should've mentioned :blush:

This is my first pregnancy. No history of loss. TTC for over a year though...but some of those cycles were more NTNP.

I had bloodwork done on the Nov. 17th to check my thyroid levels (I've been hypo for about a decade). Told the doc about pos HPT's, but when she emailed the test results she didn't officially "confirm" the pregnancy. She did include what my thyroid levels should be during each trimester though. A little weird, but I'm assuming that if I wasn't pregnant she would've mentioned it?

Yeah you would think so. I got a call both times to confirm my pregnancies, though there was no doubt that I was. With DS1 I had no causes for concern at all, but with DS2, I worried week to week (it had been 12 year since I was pregnant last), and after 4 years of ntnp, the result was very much a surprise. I do understand the worry, especially if you don't have normal pregnancy symptoms. I had the sickness this last time, but I still worried something was wrong inbetween appointments.

All I can say is think positive and stay away from dr google. It will help get you through the first couple months (at least it did for me).

I am poas like a mad woman too. I just found out on Thursday (my period is due today). I have poas sometimes twice a day since then. I don't "feel" pregnant, so I am having a tough time believing it. I don't have an appointment scheduled yet, but I think I will stop poas once I get a nice dark line (they have all been really faint so far).

I took one test the day after I missed af, didn't really believe the positive result even though it was a strong line, took another test the next day and still didn't believe it however my oh did as he said two tests couldn't be wrong and they were both strong lines. I didn't take any more tests, it took ages to believe I was pregnant, still have to pinch myself every now and then but now I have a bump I'm starting to believe it more. You'll get there, I don't see the point in testing any more though as even if something did go wrong your hpt would still show positive so don't waste your money!

I have now taken 14 tests. I am still taking them in the morning. The cheapies from Walmart that are $.88.

yeah I figure I won't need them again before they expire. Might as well use the ones I have!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->