When to stop wearing underwire?

dom85

Mum of 2, 3rd on the way
Reaction score
Hey ladies, just wondering if anyone's been told when to stop wearing underwired bras?

I had my MW appointment a couple of weeks ago and she said that I should 'start thinking about it' because I'm big chested (dont know why that makes a difference?).

So I went to Mothercare last weekend to be fitted and they only had one in my size, and I was so frustrated with the service which I thought was rubbish I just bought it. Tried it on again at home and it's so uncomfortable around the sides but I havn't had a chance to take it back yet and order new ones so I've been in my usual ones.

Does anyone know how long I could get away with my normal ones?

Thanks

i'm 15+4 and still wearing underwires. i haven't had anything said to me by midwives and was a D cup now an F!! in reading pregnancy magazines and books i've been led to believe that you shouldn't wear underwire once the milk comes in, so 3rd trimester/nursing. Its because they can block the glands which can run under to your arm pits!
Hope this helps. sorry not a definative answer

I always thought you had to stop as soon as you knew - cos they damage the developing milk duct/glands? I haven't worn them for ages anyway -in fact I've been wearing the maternity bras I got with my DS for the last year! lol

I was told coz im big chested anyway to not wear one from fairly early on, I stopped wearing underwire at about 13 weeks.

I was a D cup before i got preg. I wore underwires till i was about 19 weeks. I regret it know though. I wish i would have stopped a lot earlier. I wear sports bras now. Much more comfortable.

Hi hun,
My best friend is a trained bra fitter; she reckons that you should not wear underwired bra's while your breasts are developing apparently this is why your trainer bras are not underwired when your a kid as the wire can affect the development and ultimatly the shape of the breast. So I guess if you've got a bigger chest (i'm a F so I'm with ya) you've more chance of sagging etc after the baby.

I'm going for maternity bra over the weekend at 9+2 going to bravissimo - they are only £20 and the service is really good (my sister went last week at 13wks)

Hope this helps?!?!?
xxx

i am wearing a large underwired (all i have) and walking around in the day a home with just a trainer top.....but i will have to go get a maternity bra i think. Do tescos do them?

I heard Tesco do them too.....hmmmmm....

Oh lordy! I only own one non-underwired bra and OH thinks my already ample bosom is on the increase (i haven't noticed, only that they're uncomfy at times)

Best go get fitted i guess?!

Thanks ladies, I went to my local Mothercare today and they were much better than the other one I went to. The person there said you should do it from 8-10 weeks or before if they've got bigger.

Unfortunately, they still only had one on the whole shop in my size (who knew 38F was so popular?!) but they have ordered some for me and delivering for free so hopefully my ladies will be comfy in 4-5 working days :)

I'm only 8.5 weeks but was in such pain from my current bras that I went to Debenhams and got a non underwired bra, because most of my current bras are tight sports bras or lacy 'balcony' style ones and my boobs have been popping out of them... SO uncomfortable.

Have gone from a 34DD to a 38F! It is a little big but I have room to 'grow' now and I feel much happier :happydance:

I have my dating scan this week and will be going for new bras next weekend, as they are growing !!!!!

Mine have swollen up but they havent gone up a cup size yet.. But then again they only went up 2 cup sizes thru out the whole of my last pregnancy so I dont expect them to go mad this time either lol. I'm a 34 B atm (was 32A first time round and ended up at 36C) and I didnt know about the whole underwire thing .. My MW didnt mention it when I saw her last week. I'll have to think about getting some trainer/sports bras... my poor lil beestings :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->