When to ttc after a loss

minime1

Mom and pregnant-baby # 3
Reaction score
Hi ladies,

It's been awhile since I've been around....trying to get my mind off baby stuff.

Well, I am on my first period since the miscarriage...it's suprisingly pretty normal. My doc told me to wait 1 cycle before ttc again. I am sooooooo scared though! That means we should be ttc in about week or so! I have heard mixed thoughts on when to try again. Most people say wait 1 to 3 cycles.....what do you think? I really don't want to rush it and end up miscarrying again. What should I do?! I want to be pregnant so badly again, but I am so scared. Is it safe to try yet??

I got my period exactly four weeks after a D&C in March and we started TTC again in April, so we only waited one cycle. Some doctors say to wait three cycles but who has the patience? My doctor said if I had a regular period and was OVing I could go ahead and try again. Fingers crossed for you!! :flower:

Oh, and I use opk's to tell me when I'm OVing so we stand th best chance of catching the egg!

It's hard to be patient. You are right! I could not bear to go through another miscarriage though...it was absolutely awful. And, I am still not emotionally over it yet. I thought I was, but then it sneaks back up on me again:nope: I think the only thing that will take the pain away is to be pregnant again.

i MC in march & have had 2 normal cycles since with no luck yet,we started trying as soon as it was safe...im on CD 3 now so its going to be another looong month...good luck to all xx

Sorry for your loss, and hope you get through this hard time and do what is right for you. I started to ttc as soon as the bleeding stopped following my erpc in Feb. I do think its a very personal choice and you need to start when you are ready.xxx

Well, I waited 1 cycle.....and I'm pregnant again! I'm totally freaking! I am going to be nervous wreck for this pregnancy. I will be 7 wks on monday, and I've been pretty nauseous...hopefully that's a goon sign!

Ah congratulations that is amazing! I had a miscarriage in January and found out I was 3-4 weeks pregnant yesterday. I thought it would never happen! I tried evening primrose oil and I think it really helped me as before that my hormones were all over the place! I think I'm going to be a nervous wreck the whole time. I wish I could have just found out at 3 months, I just want to speed up time to know it's okay! I'm desperate to tell people as I have a big mouth yet I know I need to wait, as last time I did tell everyone it all went wrong!

I suppose we just need to be positive and block out the worries! Oh if only I could speed up time!

Good luck and take care!

After my MC at 13 weeks (and D&C) I got pregnant again before I got my first cycle back, with my beautiful son. My doctor told me the reason some doctors tell you to wait is so that your cycle regulates, so it is easier to date the next pregnancy, and for emotional reasons, there is normally no physical reason to wait (for an early m/c, at least). But the time has to right for you and your spouse/partner, of course!

it all depends on when you lost your baby, since i was only 6/7 weeks i wont wait a cycle i just wanna be pregnant again. if you have a late miscarriage or still birth staarting right away might be to hard. my doctr said to wait one cycle but i wanna try
also if you have a d&c you should wait, i had a natural miscarriage, it all depends on you

Just been reading through this thread congratulations to all on the bfp. X

I had my son at 32 weeks so I guess this isn't my spot but I didnt want to read and run. My doctor visit is in 2 weeks I have a feeling she is gonna say to wait 3 cycles. I would rather not but I guess we have to do whats best for us. I think PM results would make a difference as well and we have yet to get those back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->