When to use bio oil...

wannabump82

Reaction score
Hi ladies just wondering when I should start using bio oil. I'll be 15 weeks tomorrow and already starting to show. I think it's because this is my third. I didn't get any with my first as he was only 4lb 2. I did with my second a few on my tummy and my boobs around the 36/7 week mark.

I'm using it and started quite early on, but not necessarily for stretch marks, just because my skin is so dry.

I just started using bio oil around 13 weeks. Probably should have started sooner. You should definitely start earlier than later (that's what I think anyways lol)

Thanks ladies. Do I apply it once a day and how do you stop it from sticking to clothes or is it a case of standing naked until it dries ;-)

It doesn't take long to soak in, just apply in little bits, rather than a handful in one go.

I have a bottle of palmers cocoa butter formula which is an oil and absorbs very quickly.
I also have the jar of palmers cocoa butter formula which is a different consistency, its almost hard and needs to be warmed up with your fingers. I bought the jar first and didn't really like it so I bought the oil bottle after.
So in the morning I use the pump bottle of palmers, during the day I use the jar as I keep it in my office drawer. and at night before I go to bed I use bio oil, which I find to be super oily and doesn't absorb very well so I will just wear my robe after I use it until I find that it is dry.

I may be going overboard with the oils but the palmers says to use it 3 times daily, so I figured id follow instructions for the best results lol. I hope this helps and I realllyyyyy recommend the palmers oil in the bottle and not the jar. I love how quickly it absorbs

I've been using it since 6 weeks! I really don't want stretch marks.

Thanks ladies - just realised as well that it says on the bottle that in pregnancy to start using from start of second trimester so I've just applied it....might as well start as I mean to go on :)

I don't use bio oil, but I use another stretch mark cream. I used it from the day I found out I was pregnant! I used it last pregnancy too and never got stretch marks.

However, my mum never got them either, so maybe I wouldn't have got them anyway. But it isn't going to hurt you by using it anyway, so why not?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->