when to use vitex?

gonnagetabump

Reaction score
Plan on using vitex going forward.....some ppl say use it all cycle others say just during mitral phase....

Its supposed to balance hormones ..so to me it seems to make more sense to take it all cycle ..... Because stopping and starting seems it would mess things up bad.

I have 28/29 day cycles......with 11 day LP......want to extend the LP because last cycle it was 10

Im taking vitex all cycle. I tried taking it up until O and stopped taking it once I got my pos opk, and I just...didnt O. Ive read some women even take it up to 12 weeks. Im planning on taking it until I get my bfp and then slowly decreasing the dose until im not taking them anymore. Simply to give my hormones time to adapt on their own :)

It worked almost instantly for me, I brought on my first period after the implant (removed in april) in october with a mix of vitex and dong quai, and then kept taking 1600mg a day of vitex up until my first positive opk, and then stopped, and had no more af. I tried black cohosh, and it seemed to do nothing, so I took vitex again in mid november and on the 22nd my af came back. Im on cd 18 now and I havent stopped taking it.
I havent had opks to take, but my bbt and cm have said ive O'd and I feel not only like ive O'd but like my body is back to normal. Im less moody, im losing weight (which was impossible for me on bc) and im much less bloated. So yay for that :)

I take it all cycle, as per my holistic nutritionist.
I think it's helping. I've been on it since may!

Plan on using vitex going forward.....some ppl say use it all cycle others say just during mitral phase....

Its supposed to balance hormones ..so to me it seems to make more sense to take it all cycle ..... Because stopping and starting seems it would mess things up bad.

I have 28/29 day cycles......with 11 day LP......want to extend the LP because last cycle it was 10

I have been taking vitex for right around a month now. I've been taking one capsule 3x daily. I have noticed a significant increase in CM and am hoping it is a sign of pending ovulation. :) I started it after my last :witch: and plan on taking it every day until I get my :bfp: Once I get my :bfp:, I plan on weaning off of it by lowering my dose. Prior to taking vitex, I was on the BCP. I was on the pill until last May 2013, took prometrium in July to jumpstart my period, had my own period in August (35 day cycle), skipped September :(, had my own period in October (59 day cycle...ouch!), and just had a 41 day cycle in November. I know it could be a lot worse so I am grateful.

Have you started taking vitex yet? If so, have you noticed any changes? My acupuncturist recommended Nature's Way capsules and I've read really good reviews about it. Lots of :dust: and good vibes! :)

PS- I'm also taking a daily Prenatal + DHA, flaxseed oil, and zinc. :)

I took it before getting pg with dd. I took it all cycle - nature's way, 3 times a day. I cut down to 3 a day when getting pregnant and cut down to 1 a day at 15 weeks and then stopped at 16 weeks. I started it right when I came off bc pills, which I had been on for 20 years. My first cycle was like 34 days, and then it dropped to 29-31 days after that. Seemed to work well for me!

I take it all cycle, as the way that vitex works, is it uses the corpus luteum created by ovulation to increase your progesterone levels. If you stop taking it after ovulation then you won't get the full effects. Also, I would not stop taking it once you get your BFP as you may have a drop in progesterone and progesterone is needed to maintain your pregnancy, your body starts making it's own after 12 weeks, so I would gradually reduce the dose until 12 weeks x

Very helpful, ladies! I've been wondering if I should take vitex or not. I have been getting pregnant but I can't keep the baby. In October, I lost at 4w5d, and December 5w4d.

Can it hurt if I take it and everything is normal and I've just had a run of bad luck?

Also I ordered Vitex Angus Cactus (40mg). Would I take 3 a day? When it says 1 a day?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->